Jalapeno popper dip transforms your favorite appetizer into an easy game day snack. Make this cream cheese dip recipe in just half an hour!
Spicy peppers and crispy bacon are combined with three different types of cheese for the ULTIMATE irresistible party dip.
A variety of spices add extra heat, while the sour cream and mayonnaise
create a creamy texture with just the right amount of tanginess.
You can even combine spicy peppers and gooey cheese with chicken as a one pot pasta dish. It’s perfect for busy weeknights and there’s hardly any cleanup to do afterward.
Jalapeno Popper Dip
This cream cheese dip recipe couldn’t be any easier to throw together. Just combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl, spread into a cast iron skillet, and bake until hot and bubbly.
Serve with your favorite chips, crackers, or pretzels. It would even taste great on sliced veggies!
Helpful Tips and Tricks
- Fresh vs canned peppers – Since the dip is baked, you can use whichever is easier. However, fresh peppers will have a crisper texture and make a great topping as well. Try roasting them first if you want them to be more tender.
- Wear gloves! If you’ll be using fresh jalapenos, disposable gloves will keep irritating oils off of your skin. These oils can cause irritation when transferred to the eyes and nose, and it’s easy to miss a few spots when washing with soap and water.
- Make the bacon in the oven. Not only is it less messy than on the stovetop, but you can make it ahead of time too! Just store the crumbles in a sealed container and refrigerate until you’re ready to make the dip.
- Can’t find New Mexico chili powder? Use California or ancho chili powder instead. Just be sure whatever you grab only contains ground chile peppers, as opposed to a blend of seasonings.
In the US, bottles of chili powder often include garlic and onion powder and are used to flavor pots of chili.
Storing and Reheating Jalapeno Popper Dip
If you manage to have any leftovers, you can keep jalapeno popper dip in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Cover tightly with foil or transfer to a sturdy container with a lid.
Reheat in a bowl in the microwave or pop the cast iron pan right back into the oven until bubbly and warmed through.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Make a variety of dips for game day snacking so there are plenty of flavors to choose from!
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Fabulous Party Dips
Ultimate Jalapeno Popper Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound cooked and crumbled bacon, divided
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Colby Jack Cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese, divided
- 4 ounce can diced jalapenos, drained , (or 2 fresh jalapenos, deveined, deseeded and diced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, New Mexico chili powder, ground cumin, pepper, garlic powder. Stir with a spoon until well mixed. Add 3/4 of the bacon, 1 cup Colby Jack cheese, 1 cup pepperjack cheese, and drained jalapenos.
- Spread into a 10″ cast iron skillet (or (2) 5″ skillets for the perfect party plate). Top with the remaining cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is bubbly.
- Sprinkle with reserved bacon and parsley. Serve with a bag of crackers or your favorite dippers!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published October 2012, updated and republished January 2021.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for your support; it allows us to keep creating new recipes.