Slow Cooker Nacho Dip recipe is luxuriously creamy and cheesy, loaded with perfectly browned ground beef, diced chiles, and hot salsa.
Slow Cooker Nacho Dip will become your go-to appetizer! You can easily feed a party, which is very handy during the busy holiday season. Once you try this homemade Slow Cooker Nacho Dip you will never go back to store-bought. The dip is made with a handful of ingredients only.
How To Make Slow Cooker Nacho Dip
All you have to do is add them to the slow cooker and let it to it’s magic. Now, this is how I like to cook, I really appreciate when the slow cooker does all the hard lifting. This cheesy dip is packed with taco seasoned browned beef, chunky salsa, sweet onion and diced green chiles for extra flavor. Serve it over corn chips, with fresh Pico de Gallo and sour cream!
Hey guys, it’s Catalina from Sweet and Savory Meals here. I am happy to be a contributor on TSRI and add recipes to Donna and Chad’s already great collection. A few weeks ago I introduced you to this amazing Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup, seriously guys, its a must try with 9M views on Facebook itself! I am back with another slow cooker recipe for you, that you will just love for how easy and tasty it is!
This bread is super simple, great for a party, and can be prepped ahead of time if you’re in a pinch when party planning. It’s a great touch on a holiday table as an alternative to traditional rolls.
Helpful Tips to make Slow Cooker Nacho Dip:
- I have made this recipe 3 times, and I can tell you that using Velveeta cheese will produce the creamiest and most authentic dip.
- If your slow cooker has a “Sauté” function, you can brown the beef directly into it. Make sure to drain excess fat. Also note, that browning the beef on the stove, in a cast-iron skillet will produce the best results.
- The green chiles are optional if you want to add more heat to the dip, add more diced green chiles.
- The dip can be easily made vegetarian by skipping the beef, you can replace it with canned black or navy beans. Make sure to wash and drain the beans first.
- Topping suggestions: chopped jalapeños, Pico de Gallo, sour cream, sliced avocado, grated cheddar cheese.
What you will need to make Slow Cooker Nacho Dip:
- Slow Cooker – the slow cooker is almost my most used kitchen gadget, especially during fall/winter! It’s just so convenient, and let’s face it, it makes comfort food taste even better!
- Velveeta cheese – it’s a soft cheese that melts really well and is usually used in dips.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Check out more of our favorite dip recipes:
Slow Cooker Nacho Dip + Video
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 4 ounce can diced green chiles, or more
- 15.5 ounce jar chunky mild salsa, (or hot)
- 32 ounce brick Velveeta cheese , sliced into 4 smaller logs
- Add ground beef to hot, 9 or 10-inch cast-iron skillet, over high heat. Don’t break down the beef right away, let it cook for 3-4 minutes first, this way it caramelizes first. Start breaking it down after that, add 1 teaspoon of taco seasoning to it, or just salt and pepper and cook for 5-6 more minutes stirring often, or until the beef is fully cooked and nicely browned. Drain excess fat.
- Transfer cooked and drained beef to the slow cooker, add diced onion, diced green chiles, salsa, and Velveeta cheese.
- Cook on high for 1 hour or on Low for 1 1/2-2 hours. Stir the mixture every 30 minutes.
- The dip is done when the cheese is fully melted and combined with the other ingredients when stirred. Place slow cooker on warm to keep the dip creamy and melty and serve with corn chips.
- Garnish dip with sour cream and homemade or store bought Pico de Gallo, chopped fresh parsley and green onions.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.