Loaded with fresh vegetables and tortellini pasta this Greek Tortellini Pasta Salad is almost perfect, add a sweet and tangy dressing to the mix and you have yourself a must try recipe! My new favorite summer salad and I am sure you will love it too.
As temps are starting to warm up, I couldn’t wait any longer for a summery salad. I love love love Greek salad and it sounded absolutely perfect, but with one addition this time: tortellini.
I have been drooling over a Greek Salad with Tortellini on Maria’s blog for over a year now and finally decided that I had to try adding tortellini to my favorite Greek salad recipe.
Greek Tortellini Salad
The only ‘rules’ in Greek salad are tomatoes, olives, feta and olive oil. I love mine loaded with crunchy veggies; peppers, red onion and cucumbers added to the tomatoes, Kalamata olives and loads of Feta cheese makes this a fabulous salad that I could eat every day!
But add the salad dressing and I am over the moon, red wine vinegar and olive oil combined with spices and a bit of sugar.
The tortellini is the perfect addition to this salad. I thought it was perfect before, boy was I wrong. The tortellini add an unexpected element to this salad.
The pasta adds texture and flavor. To be honest, I don’t think I will ever make Greek salad without tortellini pasta again.
Helpful Tips to make Greek Tortellini Salad :
- If you are traveling with this salad or making it ahead, layer it in the order listed (the first ingredient goes in the bottom of the bowl, etc). Travel with the dressing separately and add it once you are ready to serve it to keep salad perfectly crisp.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Check out more of our favorite summer salad recipes:
Greek Tortellini Pasta Salad + Video
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 English cucumber, cut into spears and then quartered
- 16 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced Kalamata olives, divided
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 ounces tortellini, 1/2 of 19 ounce package
Greek Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Bring a large pot of water Cook tortellini according to directions on the package (do not add salt to the water). Drain and set aside once cooked.
- Chop vegetables and set aside. Mince 1 tablespoon Kalamata olives for the dressing, set aside. Combine remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a pint size mason jar add salad dressing ingredients and minced olives. Be sure to crush oregano with your fingers as you are adding it (to release the flavor). Shake mason jar until dressing is combined. Pour dressing over salad and gently toss with salad tongs until well coated.
- Serve and enjoy.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.