Mississippi Sin Dip
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Mississippi Sin Dip is a hot and creamy twist on a favorite party classic that will be the talk of the tailgate. Make some in under an hour!
Mississippi Sin Dip
Tangy cream cheese mixed with salty bacon and fiery hot sauce creates an irresistible combination that will be a hit at any potluck.
While this cream cheese bacon dip recipe is incredibly simple to put together, it still packs a punch of flavor.
It’s called Mississippi Sin Dip for a reason — because it’s sinfully tasty!
Pair this bacon cream cheese dip with more of your game day favorites like pigs in a blanket or sweet and sour meatballs.
Looking for more delicious dips to try? You’ll love my beer cheese fondue or this spinach and artichoke recipe that tastes just like the one from Applebee’s!
Mississippi Sin Dip – Tips and Tricks
- Don’t cut too deep! There should be enough bread left in the bowl to ensure that none of your cream cheese bacon dip leaks out.
- Try a different meat. While it’s easy to make your own bacon crumbles, you could easily swap them for cubed ham or your favorite ground sausage.
- Garlic paste substitute: If you can’t find this at your local store, replace it with ½ teaspoon garlic powder instead.
- Make it extra spicy. The amount of hot sauce listed is just enough for some flavor and heat, but feel free to add more if you would like.
- Feeding a crowd? This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled depending on how many servings you need.
Bacon Cream Cheese Dip Serving Suggestions
Save the top of the bread for digging into this bacon cream cheese dip, or try some other tasty options!
Ritz crackers, pretzels, and tortilla chips work just as well. Or, slice up some veggies like carrots, bell peppers, cucumbers, or celery.
Mississippi Sin Dip FAQs
Not necessarily! You can always bake this Mississippi Sin Dip in a casserole dish or deep cast iron skillet instead.
Serve the cream cheese bacon dip straight out of the oven or transfer it to a serving bowl, then surround it with a cubed French loaf or other dippers of your choosing.
Yes! You can prepare the bacon cream cheese dip up to a day ahead of time and pop it in the fridge to ensure it stays fresh.
Then, spoon the bacon dip into the bread bowl when you’re ready to bake! You may need to increase the time by 5 to 10 minutes to ensure it warms all the way through.
I don’t see why not! Combine everything into a smaller sized crockpot — 3 quarts is probably best — and cook on Low until it’s all melted together.
Instead of pouring the dip mixture into a bread bowl, let guests spoon however much they’d like into individual serving bowls.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Other Easy Dip Recipes
Mississippi Sin Dip
- 1 bread bowl or 1 french bread loaf
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup bacon crumbles, about 8 slices
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Scallions or chives, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together the sour cream, shredded cheese, cream cheese, bacon, hot sauce, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and seasonings until fully combined.
- Cut off the top of the bread bowl and remove the insides of the bread, make sure to leave a decent barrier though so the dip doesn’t leak out. Place the bread on a baking sheet.
- Pour the dip into the bread bowl and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with scallions or chives and serve warm.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published November 2021, updated and republished February 2023
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for your support; it allows us to keep creating new recipes.
I am never disappointed in any of your dip recipes. They always exceed my expectations. This one packs such a nice flavor punch!
Serving size? I’m counting calories.