Jalapeno Popper Breakfast Taquitos
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Jalapeno Popper Breakfast Taquitos are loaded with creamy eggs, jalapenos, bacon, sausage and ooey gooey cheese. They are perfectly satisfying and bursting with flavor. This simple recipe couldn’t possibly get much better than that. Except you can make these ahead and warm them up for the perfect weekday breakfast! SCORE!!!
We are so excited to be partnering with our friends at Jones Dairy Farm to bring you a scrumptious breakfast or brunch recipe perfect for back to school, starring one of my favorite ingredients: Bacon!!!
It’s almost September and you know what that means. Back to school and hectic mornings. There is nothing better than a grab and go breakfast on a busy weekday. When I was a kid that meant those toaster breakfast pastries, today a grab and go breakfast has a whole different meaning.
We love hearty breakfast that can be made ahead and warmed up in the morning. I am pretty sure you know by now that I am not a morning person. Which could have something to do with binge watching my favorite show at night.
Needless to say make-ahead breakfast is really my thing. Like these breakfast pinwheels and overnight casserole these breakfast taquitos are a go-to family favorite that I can whip up when I have the time and store them in a ziptop bag in the freezer or the refrigerator and then just warm them up in the morning. That is what I call winning at adulting.
These breakfast taquitos are like your favorite breakfast and a jalapenio popper combined into one amazing grab and go breakfast!
I will let you all know that you can pick up Jones Dairy Farm products at your local retailer. The company’s products are distributed nationwide, so be sure to check out their product locator so see where you can pick some up. If you’re looking for the breakfast sausage, it’s in the freezer section!
With love from our Simple Kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Do you ❤️ TSRI? Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to The Slow Roasted Italian by email to receive new recipes in your inbox!!
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram ❤ ❤ ❤
Jalapeno Popper Breakfast Taquitos
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1-2 jalapeños, to taste, seeds and veins removed, and finely chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into bits and softened
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 strips Jones Dairy Farm Hickory Smoked Bacon, cooked and diced
- 4 links Fully Cooked Jones Dairy Farm Breakfast Sausage, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 12 flour tortillas
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon butter and jalapenos. Cook the jalapenos, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, cream cheese, salt and pepper. Whisk until well combined. There will still be small chunks of cream cheese, don’t worry that will melt into the eggs as it cooks.
- Reduce heat to medium, pour the mixture into the skillet and cook, stirring with a heat safe silicone spatula, flipping the egg curds until no longer runny. The eggs will remain creamy. Set aside.
- Melt remaining butter and brush the baking sheet. Reserve the remaining butter.
- Lay out 6 tortillas at a time and add a spoonful of eggs to the lower 1/3 of the tortilla. Sprinkle with sausage, bacon and cheese. Roll the taquitos tightly without tearing the tortilla. Place taquitos seam side down on the baking sheet.
- Repeat until all of the taquitos are rolled, being careful not to allow the taquitos to touch. If the taquitos are unrolling or tearing, slide a toothpick through the taquito, side to side to secure the it and keep it from unrolling.
- Brush the taquitos with the remaining butter. Bake 10-15 minutes until the tortillas are crisp or the ends begin to brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Breakfast is what Jones Dairy Farm does! Can’t get enough? Find more scrumptious breakfast and brunch recipes here.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
These look fantastic, they will be on this weekends menu.
My kids LOVE these! They heat them up every morning! They freeze well and last a long time!
Are these made with 8″ flour tortillas or taco sized?
My husband doesn’t like eggs. Can I skip the eggs and mix everything else up?