This pizza dip recipe is ready in under 20 minutes and won’t heat up your kitchen! Make it tonight with fresh ingredients and pantry staples.
Enjoy this pepperoni pizza dip for a quick snack, easy dinner, or a game day appetizer. You can also throw it together for a potluck or backyard barbecue!
If you don’t have an air fryer, I have another recipe for pizza dip that can be made in the oven. It features four layers of gooey cheese, marinara, and all your favorite toppings.
Or, try this skillet version that’s topped with a ring of garlic bread bites for dipping! Both are ready in about 30 minutes with very little prep.
Pizza Dip Recipe – Tips and Tricks
- Skip the bagged shreds. These contain anti caking agents that also prevent the cheese from melting down properly. Buy fresh and grate it by hand – you won’t regret it!
- Mayo substitute: If you prefer, simply increase the amount of sour cream or substitute plain Greek yogurt instead.
- Don’t have ramekins? Check to see if any of your bakeware or cake molds will fit in your air fryer and adjust the time accordingly.
- Protect your hands! The containers will be hot to the touch, so use an oven mitt, tongs, or a spatula to carefully lift them out of the basket.
- Serve immediately. Since the cheese will form a crust as it cools, this is best enjoyed piping hot. That top layer is perfectly safe to eat, though. Just cut it into pieces for everyone to nibble on.
Add some mushrooms, olives, or bell peppers to your pepperoni pizza dip, but be sure to chop everything small enough to blend in with the other ingredients.
Crumbled bacon or Italian sausage would also be delicious. Or, leave out the meat entirely for a vegetarian version!
FAQ – Common Recipe Questions
Can I save leftovers?
If you don’t gobble it all up in one sitting, you can keep this in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days.
Let it cool before storing, but I would toss it if it has been sitting out for more than 90 minutes just to be safe.
How do you eat pepperoni pizza dip?
Serve this with corn chips, crackers, or slices of bread for dipping. It even tastes great with veggies like celery and carrots!
Can I make this recipe for pizza dip in the oven instead?
Yes! Use the same time and temperature listed in the recipe card below to start and watch them carefully so you know when they are done.
This is a great option for when you want to double or triple the amounts to feed a crowd.
I recommend placing the ramekins on a baking sheet to catch any spills. Plus, it will be easier to get them in and out of the oven.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
MORE DIP RECIPES
Pizza Dip Recipe (Air Fryer)
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup Colby Jack cheese, divided
- 25 slices pepperoni
- Corn Chips
- Vegetables, carrots, celery,..
- Butter 3 ramekins and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, with a hand mixer, whip the cream cheese until nice and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add mayonnaise, sour cream and spices (Italian seasoning, minced garlic, onion powder, salt, pepper. Mix until you have a nice and well combine mixture.
- Add 3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella and 3/4 cup of Colby Jack. Mix until all combined.
- Evenly divide the mixture into the 3 ramekins.
- Sprinkle evenly all 3 ramekins with the remaining cheese, ¼ cup of each cheese
- Add pepperoni slices on top of the cheese.
- Air Fry at 400°F for 6 to 8 minutes or until cheese is nice and melted on top
- Serve immediately as the cheese will form a crust as it cools off.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published August 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.