A sex on the beach drink is the perfect summer refreshment. Make this tropical cocktail with chilled vodka, peach schnapps, and fruit juices.
The Sex on the Beach cocktail makes me think of spring break in Florida. Sunshine, sandy beaches, sun tanning, being young, and having fun.
Learn how to make a Sex on the Beach right at home, plus ingredient substitutions and how to serve a large batch at parties!
Sex On The Beach Drink
This is a very easy to drink cocktail with a fruity, tropical taste, perfect for when you want to relax at the end of a long day.
If you’re looking for the perfect summer sip, this Sex on the Beach drink is it!
Be sure to watch the video! Look for it in the recipe card, at the bottom of this post.
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Peach Schnapps – You can use Peach Absolut instead of schnapps. Just keep in mind that Absolut is vodka and has a much higher alcohol content.
- Orange Juice. Using pulp free juice will guarantee a very smooth cocktail. However, you can use whatever you have, even freshly squeezed. Sometimes it’s just the refreshing kick you need in a tropical cocktail!
If you aren’t a fan of overly sweet cocktails, use grapefruit juice instead of orange. You can also add ½ teaspoon of lemon juice for a bit of tartness.
Alternatively, use pineapple juice instead of orange, for an even sweeter beverage! I also love the tart note that the pineapple adds to a Sex on the Beach drink.
- Prefer blended fruity drinks? Toss the ingredients into a blender with some ice for a frozen Sex on the Beach cocktail!!
- There’s another version of the classic Sex on the Beach recipe that includes Midori, Chambord, vodka, pineapple juice, and cranberry juice. The colors in this one are amazing as well, thanks to the bright green Midori!
How To Make a Sex On The Beach
Drink recipes don’t get much simpler than this!
- Fill your glass with ice, then pour vodka and peach schnapps over the top.
- Add the cranberry juice, then the orange juice, and finish with a splash of grenadine.
- Finish with a orange slice and maraschino cherries for garnish, and enjoy!
Love Our Recipes?
Don’t miss a thing! Subscribe to The Slow Roasted Italian to receive new recipes straight to your email inbox!
Sex On The Beach Recipe FAQ
This pretty cocktail is a little bit fruity, with just a hint of tartness. It’s sweet (but not too sweet) and easy to drink. While the alcohol flavor isn’t very noticeable, it can pack a punch if you aren’t aware. Drink responsibly!
Yes, absolutely! This particular Sex on the Beach recipe is easy to scale up for parties or a girl’s night in. Decide on how many servings you think you’ll need, then multiply the amount of each ingredient by that number.
Simply omit the vodka and swap the schnapps for peach nectar or peach flavored syrup instead. A tropical Sex on the Beach mocktail is just as delicious as the original!
Prep Ahead Instructions
Because everything gets stirred together, you can easily mix up a batch of this tropical cocktail before guests arrive.
Citrus juice can be a bit finicky, so I recommend combining everything no more than a day in advance. Just keep it covered and store it in the refrigerator, and give it a quick stir before serving.
How To Serve a Sex On The Beach Cocktail
Typically, a Sex on the Beach drink is served in a tall hurricane glass, but any tall glass will do. You can even serve it in a wine glass or a highball glass if you prefer.
If you’re planning on making the Sex on the Beach drink recipe for a party, you could serve it from a large drink pitcher or other beverage dispenser, so everyone can help themselves.
Float a few orange slices in the dispenser for a bit of pizazz, and let each guest add other garnishes to their glass. Have the following nearby for easy customization:
- Maraschino cherries
- Pineapple wedges
- Extra orange slices
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Popular Summer Cocktails
Sex on the Beach Drink + Video
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces peach schnapps
- 2 ounces orange juice
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- 1 splash grenadine
- 1 orange slice, for garnish
- 2 maraschino cherries, for garnish
- Fill a hurricane glass with ice.
- Pour vodka and schnapps over top of the ice.
- Add cranberry juice, then add orange juice and add a splash of grenadine.
- Garnish rim with an orange wedge and a cocktail umbrella with 2 maraschino cherry threaded on the stick of the umbrella. Serve with fun colorful straws!
- For the best orange slice garnish, slice orange and then cut the slice into fourths.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published August 2013. Updated and republished April 2022.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you! Your support helps us to keep creating new recipes.