This Easy Pina Colada Recipe creates an extra creamy cocktail with no added sweeteners. Imagine yourself on an island vacation with every sip of this tasty drink!
Plus, learn how to make a virgin pina colada that’s just as tasty as the real thing!
Easy Pina Colada Recipe
Despite only having four ingredients, there’s still plenty of tropical flavor in this frozen drink!
Plus, you’ll love the deliciously creamy texture that comes from making this easy pina colada with coconut milk.
Whip up this refreshing concoction in minutes to enjoy on a hot summer day or serve to friends at your next game night.
Creamy Pina Colada Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Liquids go in first. Adding the ice last helps it blend easier and guarantees that it won’t get stuck in the blades.
- Use canned coconut milk. It should be full fat, and you’ll need to give the can a good shake before opening it.
The cartons in the refrigerated section are a thinner liquid, so you won’t get the same creamy consistency.
- Slowly increase the speed. Start on low and work your way up so the liquid doesn’t splash up onto the lid.
- Want a thicker texture? To make this easy pina colada more like a Slushie, substitute 2 cups of frozen pineapple for 4 ounces of the juice.
Frozen Cocktail Instructions
Simply place all of the ingredients in your blender and give them a whirl! It’s that easy.
Everything should be well blended with no more chunks of ice. Don’t mix it too long, though, or it will start to become watery.
Chilled glasses help keep your beverage frosty, so stick those in the freezer about 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
How to Make a Virgin Pina Colada
To make an alcohol-free version of this easy piña colada recipe, leave out the rum or replace it with extra pineapple juice!
Easy Pina Colada Garnishes and Additions
- Add some fruit. Stick some fresh pineapple chunks on the edge of the glasses or place a maraschino cherry on top.
You could even spear them together with some fancy toothpicks!
- Or a tropical touch. If you don’t want to chop up any fruit, stick a colorful cocktail umbrella in each glass and call it a day.
- Make it extra boozy. Add a shot of white rum to this easy pina colada recipe, or a splash of Blue Curacao to mimic the gorgeous shade of Caribbean waters.
Easy Piña Colada Recipe FAQ
Not at all! If you don’t feel like dragging out the blender, simply place all of the easy pina colada recipe ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously until well chilled.
Strain into chilled martini glasses or serve in a highball on the rocks.
I used to have a blender just like that, and my workaround was using crushed ice from the ice maker.
If yours doesn’t have that setting, place the cubes in a large Ziploc bag and smash them with a rolling pin. Then proceed with this easy piña colada recipe!
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Cocktail Recipes
Easy Pina Colada Recipe
- 12 oz pineapple juice
- 6 oz coconut milk, canned
- 3 oz coconut rum
- 3 cups ice
- Place all the ingredients into your blender, making sure to place the liquids first to help the ice blend.
- Blend on high until it’s well blended.
- Serve in two chilled glasses with a pineapple chunk and cherry for garnish.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published July 2021, updated and republished June 2023
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.