Spiked Strawberry Lemonade is the perfect mixed drink for summertime sipping, regardless of the occasion! The lemonade keeps it from being too sweet, and the strawberry keeps it from being too tangy. And with Pink Whitney vodka and strawberry rum in the mix, it goes down so smooth — it’s hard to believe that it’s actually a cocktail at all!
It’s crazy how popular Pink Whitney cocktails have gotten over the past couple of years – but for good reason! It literally tastes just like pink lemonade.
I’m shaking things up a bit with this Pink Whitney mixed drink, though.
With a splash of strawberry Malibu and fresh fruit, it’s the perfectly refreshing summer drink you’ve been waiting for!
Spiked Strawberry Lemonade
There’s no better summertime drink than pink lemonade vodka.
With just a bit of booze and a bit of fruit, you can really jazz up this classic lemonade combo that everyone knows and loves! It’s like a freckled lemonade, but with alcohol.
What can be better??
Those who love fruity mixed drinks will absolutely adore my raspberry lemonade, raspberry orange, cherry limeade cocktail recipes!
And if those aren’t enough, then just browse all of my favorite frozen summer cocktails!
Ingredient Notes and Substitutions
- Pink Whitney Vodka – A must-have for all vodka and lemonade enthusiastics!
It tastes just like strawberry lemonade, with only the tiniest bit of vodka flavor in there. It’s dangerously delicious – a little goes a long way!
- Strawberry Malibu Rum – A berry delicious Malibu rum that we just love to use in spiked strawberry lemonade!
If you’re not a rum fan, you can leave this out entirely and compensate with some more pink lemonade, or with extra water and a strawberry syrup.
- Pink Lemonade Concentrate – It doesn’t get much easier than going with concentrate.
The strong flavor also melds well with the Pink Whitney without adding a conflicting flavor.
- Lemon and Strawberry Slices – These make great garnishes for a perfect presentation!
You could also stick them in the freezer to use as ice cubes for serving. That way, you won’t water down the pink lemonade vodka as the ice melts!
- Water – Replace the water with club soda for a bubbly strawberry lemonade cocktail! You could also use your favorite sparkling water instead.
Pink Lemonade Vodka Recipe FAQ
For me, it’s vodka all the way. Its clear color and neutral flavor doesn’t overpower or alter that lemony flavor in any way, shape, or form.
But you can also lemonade mixed drinks with rum, as we also do in this recipe, or tequila – those are two equally popular options.
Pretty dang boozy. Pink Whitney has an ABV of 30%, and strawberry Malibu is around 21%.
Let this be your warning! This drink is deceptively smooth and sweet. Keep your limits in mind and drink responsibly!
A lot of people drink it straight!
But when it comes to Pink Whitney mixed drink options, you can’t go wrong with any flavor of Malibu, fruit juice, flavored syrups, or soda water.
It’s also a popular option for jello shots!
Spiked Strawberry Lemonade Variations
- Freshly squeezed, please!
If you don’t like lemonade from concentrate, you can make homemade lemonade with fresh lemons and strawberry syrup – or a strawberry puree! This will add plenty of refreshing flavor and an interesting texture to the whole drink.
- Make a frozen cocktail.
Freeze the water in an ice cube tray and blend it all up for a frozen summer treat! You can also freeze strawberry slices to help give that slushy texture without watering it down.
- Try other flavors! Malibu rum comes in all sorts of flavors – coconut, mango, pineapple… You name it! Why not try a different fruity flavor while mixing your Pinky Whitney cocktails?
Preparing Cocktails Ahead of Time
You can actually mix all the ingredients, aside from the lemon and strawberries used to garnish, together a week ahead of time.
Just pour everything in a pitcher and serve whenever you’re ready, plopping the garnishes in at the last minute. Give it a stir, though, to make sure everything is combined well.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Delicious Mixed Drinks
Spiked Strawberry Lemonade
- 1 cup Pink Whitney vodka, (See Notes)
- 1 cup Strawberry Malibu rum
- 1 1/2 cups water, or club soda (See Notes)
- 12 ounces pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- lemon slices, for garnish
- strawberry slices, for garnish
- Add all of the ingredients to a pitcher with ice and stir to combine.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published August 2022
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.