A sweet strawberry daiquiri turns any casual gathering into a true party! Mix up a batch for your next backyard barbecue or a girl’s night in.
Transform a handful of ingredients into a tasty strawberry cocktail in minutes!
Fresh lime juice adds just the right amount of tartness to sweet white rum, berries, and simple syrup.
Even better, this strawberry daiquiri recipe uses frozen fruit so it can be enjoyed throughout the year.
How To Make A Strawberry Daiquiri
Simply blend everything together and serve with a twist of lime or fresh berries for garnish!
If you don’t have a strong blender, I highly recommend using crushed ice instead of cubes.
Use the crush setting on your ice maker or place cubes in a ziploc bag and smash them with a rolling pin.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
What is simple syrup?
It is a liquid sweetener used in drinks to add sweetness without a gritty texture.
You can create your own by simmering ½ cup water with ½ cup granulated sugar until fully dissolved. Store whatever you don’t use in a jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Otherwise, you’ll typically find bottled versions with the other cocktail mixers at the store.
Helpful Tips and Tricks
- Add liquids first. This helps everything to blend evenly, and the solids won’t get stuck in the blades.
- Start on low. Work your way up in speed so it doesn’t splash onto the sides and lid.
- Don’t over blend! The longer it runs, the more watery the texture will become. Stop as soon as the ingredients are combined and have an icy consistency.
- Want to rim the glasses? Run a wedge of lime along the edge of each glass, then flip it upside down and dip into sugar. For a colorful addition, use sanding sugar that’s found in the baking aisle with the sprinkles.
- Create a tropical twist. I have another strawberry daiquiri recipe that replaces half of the white rum with Malibu and triple sec instead. The addition of coconut and orange flavors makes the drink extra delicious!
FAQ – Common Recipe Questions
Can I make this strawberry daiquiri recipe ahead of time?
If you mix everything too soon, the drinks will unfortunately melt. You can, however, prep a few things to save some time!
Measure all of the liquids into a large mason jar and pop it in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to serve, pour the mixture into the blender and add the frozen berries and ice.
How do I make this non-alcoholic?
All you need to do is leave out the rum! If it seems too thick, add a little extra lime juice or use less ice.
Can I use fresh strawberries instead?
You can, but you might need to add extra ice to get that perfect frosty texture. Or, try a mix of fresh and frozen to achieve the right balance, and use more fresh slices as garnish!
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Easy Strawberry Daiquiri Recipe
- 6 ounces white rum
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 4 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Start by placing the rum, simple syrup, and lime juice into your blender, then add the strawberries and ice.
- Blend the mixture on high until the mixture is smooth.
- Serve right away with a garnish of lime or fresh strawberries.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published June 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.