Pomegranate Smoothie Skinny Shake is a delicious drink to start your day off right! The power of pomegranate may help boost fat burning too!
Kick start your diet in an incredibly healthy and delicious way!! This tasty detoxifying drink will knock your socks off.
Pomegranate Smoothie Skinny Shake
My skinny shake recipe makes a scrumptious pomegranate smoothie, to enjoy once a day, mid-morning. If you love smoothies, you’ll flip for the strawberry and pomegranate flavors here. They are fruity, bright and insanely delicious!!
If you love fruit flavored drinks but you don’t need anything particularly healthy, make a strawberry banana smoothie instead!
What’s a Skinny Shake?
So, a few years ago on the Dr. Oz show, a 7-Day crash diet was featured that really piqued my interest. Dr. Joel Fuhrman was the guest.
He discussed many ways to kick start fat burning in your body, and who doesn’t want that?! One of my favorite parts of Dr. Fuhrman’s plan is this detoxifying drink, which he calls a “Skinny Shake”.
This pomegranate smoothie doesn’t get any simpler to make. It’s just pure, healthy fresh fruit and water!
- Pomegranates are classified as a superfruit because of its antioxidant properties, and they’re full of vitamins and nutrients.
- Strawberries, as well as other berries, are lower in carbs, so they don’t spike blood sugar like other high sugar fruits can.
Needless to say, this is my favorite healthy drink. My entire family loves it, and it’s packed with flavor and it’s really refreshing. A skinny shake smoothie makes the perfect mid morning pick me up.
We try to balance eating healthy, and little treats like this one certainly help.
A healthy breakfast and a fat burning morning snack sure make the occasional treat a lot easier on the hips.
Tips for Making Your Pomegranate Smoothie
- Be sure to layer the ingredients in the blender.
- Scrape the sides down as often as necessary.
- Use a high powered blender for best results.
- If you have a standard blender and not a high speed model, try using 1/4 fresh strawberries and 3/4 frozen. This will help make the blending easier.
- For a super thick shake-like consistency, add a few ice cubes to the blender.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Other Good-For-You Recipes
Pomegranate Smoothie Skinny Shake + Video
- blender You can use any blender, but I absolutely love this high speed model! I use it to make ice cream, smoothies, soups, tomato sauce and drinks like this one.
- 4 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 cup water
- juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
- Layer ingredients into blender in the order listed. Blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides as necessary or use food pusher to help blend.
- Serve and enjoy.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published January 2014, updated and republished July 2022.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.