Sausage Summer Sliders are an epic twist on the classic burger recipe. Two classic favorites, pork and apple, come together in a new and exciting way in this portable, crowd pleasing slider!
We are so excited to be partnering with our friends at Jones Dairy Farm to bring you my new favorite summer slider!
It’s is like your favorite pork and apples in a tiny burger. It couldn’t be easier with one of my favorite ingredients: All Natural Golden Brown® Pork Sausage Patties!!!
Burgers are always a crowd pleaser during the summer. And pork and apples are one of my favorite combinations!
When I was trying to think of the perfect new slider, the vision of a sausage summer slider with pork, barbecue sauce and sweet and tangy apple slaw was born.
It is absolutely amazing. Every bite is an explosion of flavor!
What is the best sausage to use in Sausage Summer Sliders?
You really want to start with a sausage patty that has fantastic flavor and one that is good enough to stand on its own.
Jones Dairy Farm sausage is absolutely amazing! With big bold flavors packed into a little patty these all-natural sausages are incredibly versatile and can be used for any meal breakfast, lunch or dinner.
They are fully cooked and contain no nitrates or nitrites, no preservatives, and no MSG. And they are made with just five ingredients: pork, water, salt, spices and sugar!
What kind of buns do you use with sliders?
The type of bun that you use with a slider really depends on what kind of slider you are serving and what the toppings are. If you are serving a really saucy Chicken Parmesan Slider, a soft toasted Hawaiian bread, or a firmer ciabatta is the perfect match.
With a soft and tender Cheesy Sausage and Egg Breakfast Sliders a sweet Hawaiian roll was again the perfect match.
For this Sausage Summer Slider with bbq sauce and crispy slaw topping we opted for a brioche dinner roll that was perfectly sized for our sausage patties!
Helpful Tips to make Sausage Summer Sliders:
- Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown® Pork sausage patties add tremendous flavor to this recipe but you can easily form your own patties with their pork breakfast sausage roll. Visit the product locator on the Jones Dairy Farm website to find their products at a store near you.
- You can make these ahead and keep them tented with aluminum foil in a disposable pan for the perfect tail gating meal!
- If you prefer you can use thinly sliced green cabbage and julienned carrots in place of the cole slaw mix.
What you will need to make Sausage Summer Sliders:
- Mandoline slicer – This slicer is perfect for making easy work of uniform fruit or vegetable slices. I must have bought and returned 6 mandoline slicers before this one. This one, I have had for 7 years and I still love it.
- Cutting Board– A big good solid cutting board so you can prep all your veggies on one surface. I use my cutting board daily so it’s worth the investment.
- Quality Knives- Quality knives make prep time much quicker and are important for safety as well. If you make one kitchen investment, I believe it should be in quality knives.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Check out more of our favorite slider recipes:
Sausage Summer Sliders
- 14 ounces Jones Dairy Farrm Golden Brown® Pork Sausage Patties, 12 patties total
- 12 slider buns
- 12 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1/2 bag cole slaw mix, green cabbage and carrots
- 1/4 head red cabbage, sliced
- 1/2 red apple, cored and julienned
- 1/2 granny smith apple, cored and julienned
- 1 scallion, finely sliced
Apple Honey Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk until completely combined. Add the slaw ingredients to the bowl with the dressing in it.
- Use salad tongs to gently toss the salad and the dressing together until completely coated.
- Set aside.
- Prepare the sausage patties according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, using a serrated knife, cut the rolls in half. Top each bottom with a sausage patty, 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce and a scoop of apple slaw.
- Place the top bun on the sandwich.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.