25 Minute Bacon Beer Cheese Soup with Chicken is one of our all-time most popular recipes and for good reason. BACON.BEER.CHEESE ready in 25 minutes. It is thick and creamy, amazingly cheesy with just the perfect spices to make your taste buds stand at attention.
Okay friends, it is the middle of comfort food season!!! This recipe is an old favorite. One of the most popular recipes on our website with over 125,000 Pins and countless readers raving about the recipe. It’s time you tried it!
We have had so many requests for more videos that we created one for you. You are going to love it.
Let’s take a peek at how this epic creation came to be…
Bacon Beer Cheese Soup with Chicken
Sometimes I am brilliant on the fly. You know what I mean; you are rushed for dinner, and you start pulling things out of your fridge and pantry and create the most spectacular meal ever.
Other nights you get stuck in one mindset. Like OK, I have chicken and need to make soup. Hmmm…. Chicken noodle soup? No.
Luckily this week Chad was incredibly inspiring. I told him I needed a soup made with chicken. We threw some ideas around and then he said: bacon, chicken cheese. OH YAY! I got that.
Before I knew what hit me, I had a pot on the stove, and I was making 25 Minute Bacon Beer Cheese Soup with Chicken.
It’s thick and creamy, uber cheesy, and perfectly seasoned to make your taste buds stand at attention. This warm and welcoming beer cheese soup is a stand out in our soup recipes.
Oh my word, this is a fabulous soup!!! Chad’s review “Someone should write a song about this soup”.
Well, there you have it. Loaded with bacon and chicken this beer cheese soup has the perfect smokiness and heat to make you notice. Just amazing! Top with chives and croutons for a fantastic crunch and finish!
I’m telling you; you’re going to love it!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
WHERE TO ORDER:
Helpful Tips to make Bacon Beer Cheese Soup with Chicken:
- Use cayenne pepper according to your heat preference. Mild=1/4 teaspoon, Medium=1/2 teaspoon, Hot=1 teaspoon.
- Half-and-half is an American dairy product made of half milk and half cream. You can substitute half-and-half with one part milk, one part cream or adjust according to your preference. Adding more milk than cream will make it less rich. Just be sure to use 2 cups total.
What you will need to make Bacon Beer Cheese Soup with Chicken:
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Check out more of our favorite soup recipes:
Bacon Beer Cheese Soup with Chicken + Video
- 6 slices thick cut bacon
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 – 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 cup beer, Belgian-style wheat beer (I used Blue Moon)
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken stock
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 8 ounces mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- chives, chopped
- crisp bacon, diced
- Warm an 8-quart pot over medium-high heat. Using clean scissors; cut bacon into the pot. Cook bacon until it’s crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon from pan draining the drippings into the pan as you take out the bacon. Place the bacon inside your upside-down pot lid (or on a plate). Add chicken pieces into bacon grease to cook, sprinkle with 1 /2 teaspoon salt. Stir occasionally until chicken is completely cooked through. Remove chicken from the pot with a slotted spoon and place on the upside-down pot lid with bacon.
- Cut butter into 1 tablespoon pieces and add to pan drippings. Stir until melted. Whisk in flour and seasonings. Allow to cook for 1 minute, whisking frequently, to cook out the floury taste. Add beer and whisk to combine and cook for 2 minutes. Add chicken stock and half-and-half. Whisk to combine and reduce heat to medium. Slowly add the cheese, if you add the cheese too quickly it can become grainy, so add a little at a time whisking until it is incorporated. Stir until you have a smooth mixture. Add Worcestershire sauce and return chicken and bacon back to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Allow to simmer until ready to serve, stirring occasionally.Garnish with croutons, chives, and bacon.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published 09/09/13
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for your support; it allows us to keep creating new recipes.