This Summer Fruit Salad is tossed in a homemade cinnamon vanilla simple syrup. Make this easy fruit salad as a new staple at family gatherings, picnics, and more!
Capture a rainbow of colors and all of the best flavors of summer with this easy fruit salad recipe!
Summer Fruit Salad
A good summer fruit salad recipe is essential for any successful cookout, and this one is sure to become your new favorite!
It has a tantalizing combination of tropical flavors and fresh, ripe berries that is guaranteed to please even the pickiest of eaters.
The subtle spice of vanilla and cinnamon in the syrup enhances all of the natural sweetness of this summer fruit salad while adding a little extra interest.
Try my honeydew fruit bowl as well — it’s easy, eye-catching, and delicious!
Easy Fruit Salad Tips and Tricks
- Prep the fruit salad dressing in advance. Homemade simple syrup will keep for up to a month in the refrigerator in a sealed jar.
Feel free to make this on a different day so all you have to do is pull it out and pour it on!
- Slice grapes in batches. Halve these in no time by placing a handful between two lids and running a knife in between. Check out this post for more info.
- Quickly hull strawberries. Insert a plastic straw into the bottom and push straight up to remove both the core and leaves on top.
- Time-saving tip: Chop up all of the produce the night before or the morning of, then add the oranges and syrup just before serving this summer fruit salad.
How To Wash Fresh Berries
I recommend doing this first so they can properly dry while you prepare the rest of the vanilla fruit salad ingredients.
- Fill a large bowl with a mixture of 3 parts water to 1 part white vinegar.
- Place the berries in a mesh colander.
- Dip the colander into the vinegar solution to wet the berries, then lift it back out immediately.
- Transfer everything to a paper towel and gently spread berries into a single layer to dry.
This not only removes any lingering dirt and debris, but it extends the life of the berries as well!
Plus, it is gentle enough for the more delicate varieties (like raspberries) that would otherwise be squished under the pressure of a faucet.
Summer Fruit Salad Recipe FAQ
You sure can! Doubling this summer fruit salad recipe is a great option for occasions when you will be feeding a larger crowd.
I do recommend sticking to the amounts listed for your first attempt since these types of recipes always seem to turn out larger than expected.
Because the mandarin oranges, kiwi, and raspberries are more delicate, I would finish it up within a day or two of making it.
Otherwise, those ingredients will begin to fall apart and the whole vanilla fruit salad will start to get a bit soggy.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Fruit Salad Recipes
Refreshing Summer Fruit Salad
- 11 ounce can mandarin oranges
- 1 cup grapes, halved
- 2 kiwis, chopped
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- In a small saucepan, bring simple syrup ingredients to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Chop the pineapple, strawberries, and kiwi into bite-sized pieces and add to a large bowl.
- Add the remainder of the fruit to the bowl.
- Remove cinnamon sticks from the simple syrup and pour over the fruit.
- Toss the fruit gently to stir and serve immediately for best results.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published May 2021, updated and republished May 2023
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.