One-Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni is loaded with flavorful seasoned ground beef, tender pasta and ooey gooey cheese! This dish not only packs a ton of flavor but can be made in one pan from start to finish. It is like the Hamburger Helper recipe that my mom used to make. But this homemade version is so much better.
It’s hard to go wrong with a cheesy pasta dish, but when you add savory ground beef and some simple herbs and spices? Now you’ve got an easy dinner that’s sure to be a hit.
And if that wasn’t enough, this cheeseburger macaroni is made in one pan in about 20 minutes.
Easy and delicious? Talk about a win-win!
How do you make cheeseburger macaroni in one pot?
One pot recipes really are a thing of magic, but the process is simple enough. Use the right ingredients in the right order and you’ll only need to wash one pan when you’re done.
- Step 1 – Cook and crumble the ground beef in a large skillet. You can use olive oil and season with minced garlic if you’d like.
- Step 2 – Add your spices and mix them in with the cooked meat. For this recipe, it has Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 3 – Add the liquid (typically chicken broth or water) and uncooked pasta (this recipe uses elbow pasta).
- Step 4 – Bring to a boil, then cover the skillet and cook until pasta is tender, typically 10-15 minutes.
- Step 5 – Mix in cheeses and any other additions you’d like. Cover the pot again and let the cheese melt for 2-4 minutes.
- Step 6 – Serve and enjoy!
Helpful Tips to make One-Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni:
- I like to add canned tomatoes for a more authentic “cheeseburger” experience, but you can get creative with this step. I used canned tomatoes, but feel free to use your favorite fresh tomatoes. You could also use any other type of canned tomatoes (like salsa or tomatoes with green chilies) to add a bit more flavor.
- This recipe calls for cheddar cheese, but feel free to use any type of cheese that you like! Try Mexican blend or American cheese.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Check out more of our favorite one-pot recipes:
One-Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni + Video
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces uncooked cellentani pasta, or elbows
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained (optional)
- parsley, for garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm olive oil. Add garlic and cook until golden brown and fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add ground beef to skillet and cook and crumble until browned, about 5-8 minutes. If necessary, drain any excess grease from the pan.
- Add Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, salt, and pepper to ground beef, then quickly stir to coat the ground beef.
- Pour in chicken broth and elbow pasta to skillet, then stir. Bring mixture to a boil, cover, and allow to cook until pasta is tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Lift lid and add cheddar cheese and diced tomatoes, then stir to mix. Return lid and let cheeseburger macaroni sit for 2-4 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Serve cheeseburger macaroni immediately with chopped parsley as garnish.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.