This scrumptious Pizza Pasta Skillet is a simple one-pot wonder. Just dump it all in the pot and cook. It couldn’t possibly get any easier. It’s redefining pizza Friday. Loaded with pasta, sausage, pepperoni, tomato sauce and ooey gooey cheese. It is sure to be a favorite!
Pizza In a Pan
My dad’s mom is from Naples, Italy so growing up we enjoyed many recipes from the old country. Food brings people together and that was exactly the case at my grandparents house. There seemed to always be a pot of sauce on the stove and something delicious cooking. And when there wasn’t one of our favorite things to do was to explore the neighborhood and walk down to the deli and grab a “slice”. The Italian deli by grandma’s house had the best of all things Italy, but the pizza was out of this world!
Brilliantly colorful pizza Margherita with its gorgeous green (basil), white (mozzarella cheese) and red (tomato sauce) ingredients was created and named after the first queen of Italy. It totally reminds me of my grandma!
I took the classic pizza Margherita and transformed it into the most scrumptious one-pot pasta dish. It is loaded it up with hot sausage and mini pepperoni, corkscrew cellentani pasta, Classico® Tomato Basil pasta sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
It is absolutely the best one-pot pizza dish we have ever tasted. The vibrant flavor of the sauce really elevates the dish. The entire family devoured this one and you will too.
Helpful Tips to make One-Pot Pizza Pasta Skillet:
- You can substitute water for the chicken stock.
- Switch things up and add your favorite pizza topppings: onions, peppers, cooked ground beef or chicken.
What you will need to make One-Pot Pizza Pasta Skillet:
- Large Skillet-
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Check out more of our favorite skillet recipes:
One-Pot Pizza Pasta Skillet
- 1 pound hot smoked sausage, cut into coins
- 1/2 cup mini pepperoni, divided
- 8 ounces uncooked cellentani pasta
- 15 ounce jar pasta sauce
- 2 cups reduced sodium chicken stock
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 5 fresh basil leaves, torn or chiffonade
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat add the sausage, half of the pepperoni, uncooked pasta, pasta sauce and chicken stock. Stir to combine and cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce to medium and cook until pasta is al dente, about 10-12 minutes. When the pasta is cooked there will be some liquid in the pan. That will create a delicious sauce for the pasta as it cools.
- Stir in half of the mozzarella. Top with the remaining mozzarella, Parmesan cheese and the remaining pepperoni.
- Place under the broiler until the cheese is ooey gooey and melted, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with basil.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.