This tomato feta pasta salad seems to get better every time I make it! Throw together this quick and easy summery dish for dinner tonight.
Sweet tomatoes and tangy vinegar perfectly complement the saltiness of the cheese and olives in this dish.
Trust me, you’ll be tempted to stand in front of the fridge and sneak bites throughout the day!
Tomato Feta Pasta Salad
If you’re familiar with TikTok, you might remember the viral tomato and feta pasta bake that caused a shortage of the crumbly cheese. Try my version with sausage and spinach or add whatever mix-ins sound appetizing!
Helpful Tips and Tricks
- Swap out the noodles. Rotini has plenty of nooks and crannies to hold all of the sauce, but penne, bowtie, or cavatappi are all great alternatives.
- Tip for easy prep: There’s a quick way to cut tomatoes and olives in half, and you’ll never do it another way again! Simply place them between two lids and run a sharp knife right through the middle.
- Use high quality oil. The simplicity of this recipe means every flavor is important. A good bottle of extra virgin olive oil will make a big difference!
- Need to feed a crowd? Easily double the amounts if needed, just be sure your mixing bowl is large enough! If not, carefully divide the ingredients and sauce between two containers so everything is evenly distributed.
You could even chop up some chicken breasts and toss them in with everything to round out the dish.
Don’t forget some focaccia or your favorite crusty bread for soaking up that delicious dressing!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Feta Pasta Salad FAQ
Can I use a different cheese?
While I love the saltiness and tang of this pasta salad with feta cheese, I understand that everyone will be a fan.
Aged goat cheese is just as crumbly but not as intense, and mozzarella (either cubed or pearl) has a milder flavor overall.
How many servings does this recipe make?
It should serve 6 to 8 people depending on who goes back for seconds!
You could also enjoy this for dinner one night and save leftovers for lunch the rest of the week. This should stay fresh in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
Can I make tomato feta pasta salad ahead of time?
Yes, but I recommend no earlier than the night before if you will be serving it to guests.
Another option would be to prep everything in advance and put it together at the last minute.
Keep the ingredients in separate containers in the refrigerator, and drizzle the rotini with a little olive oil to prevent the noodles from sticking together.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
MORE PASTA SALAD RECIPES
Tomato Feta Pasta Salad + Video
- 1/2 pound rotini pasta
- kosher salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1 pound feta cheese, medium-diced
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
For the dressing
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup packed flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water. Boil for 12 minutes, or according to the directions on the package. Drain well and allow to cool. Place the pasta in a bowl and add the tomatoes, olives, feta and chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
- For the dressing, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor until almost smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta, sprinkle with the Parmesan and parsley, and toss well.
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate and serve later.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Recipe slightly adapted from Ina Garten’s version
Originally published August 2011, updated and republished July 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.