Watermelon feta salad is made with fresh ingredients and drizzled with a simple oil dressing. Make this easy side dish in just 10 minutes!
Summertime fruits and vegetables, crisp greens, and salty feta crumbles are tied together with a little bit of avocado and honey to let the natural flavors shine.
Watermelon Feta Salad – Ingredient Notes
- Greens – Avoid anything too bitter, otherwise use your favorite blend. Spring mix is a popular choice, while something as simple as baby spinach would taste great as well.
- Fruit – Chill the melon in the refrigerator before preparing the salad so it’s easier to cut. The cooler temperature will also make the entire dish more refreshing.
- Cucumber – With regular cucumbers, you may want to remove some or all of the peel especially if it’s particularly thick and waxy. Or, use an English variety which has a more delicate skin – it’s longer, thinner, and comes wrapped in plastic.
- Feta – Try to get a good quality Greek or Bulgarian version for the best flavor. If you prefer something different, goat cheese or ricotta can be used instead.
- Oil – I really enjoy avocado oil for the dressing, but feel free to use something like sunflower or light tasting olive oil.
How To Choose A Watermelon
Seedless varieties work best for this recipe so you can slice and toss it right in.
Choose one with firm skin and a creamy yellow spot on one side. When you knock against the outside, you should hear a deep hollow sound to confirm that it is ripe.
FAQ – Common Recipe Questions
What other ingredients can I add to watermelon salad?
The great thing about this simple recipe is that you can mix and match your flavors based on your personal preference and what you have available.
Fresh mint, strawberries, chopped walnuts, and even red onion all pair well with the other ingredients. Go ahead and experiment to create your favorite combination!
Can I make watermelon and feta salad ahead of time?
Yes, but I recommend adding the greens just before serving to keep them fresh. If you add them too early, they will lose their crispness and turn dark.
What’s the best way to store this?
Refrigerate in an airtight container and use by the next day for best results. I usually don’t keep it longer than 12 hours.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Watermelon Feta Salad
- 5 cups fresh greens, washed and drained
- 1 small seedless watermelon, cut in 1” cubes
- 5 ounces cherry tomato, halves
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced and halves
- 1 cup blueberries, washed
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbles
Avocado Oil Dressing
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Honey, optional
- Arrange the greens in a large bowl or a platter. Add watermelon, tomatoes, cucumber, blueberries. Combine all together.
- In a small bowl combine avocado oil dressing. Whisk to combine.
- Top with feta and avocado dressing. Toss before serving.
- Serve cold as a side dish.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published May 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.