Strawberry Wine Ice Cream Float is the perfectly boozy sweet treat to enjoy during the hot summer months. Serve this wine float at your next party!
It’s easy to transform just 4 ingredients into a creamy adult beverage that comes together in mere minutes!
Strawberry Wine Ice Cream Float
Recreating a childhood favorite drink by adding strawberry wine takes it to an entirely different level of delicious! It’s simple enough you can make a strawberry float during the week after a rough day.
Simply add scoops of ice cream to a wine glass. Add freshly sliced strawberries into the glass and pour the wine on top.
Finish by adding some club soda, garnish with a strawberry and sip the night away.
Helpful Tips and Tricks
- Use your favorite wine. Don’t settle for a wine you don’t love. Choose a bottle that tastes great on it’s own.
- Serve with a spoon and a straw. Eat the strawberry float right away with a spoon or let it sit for a few minutes then drink it with a straw.
- Use fresh, ripe strawberries. Nothing beats fresh strawberries and they give you something to munch on as you are enjoying the float.
- Make it sweeter. Swap the club soda for strawberry soda to make the ice cream float even sweeter and a more intense strawberry flavor.
- Create a fruity twist. Mix in a few additional berries, such as raspberries and blueberries. Add around 4-8 of the extra berries so they aren’t too overwhelming and add a hint of color and flavor.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Wine Float FAQ
Can you make this float kid friendly?
Yes! In fact, kids will go wild for these ice cream floats. Simply omit the wine and club soda. Use strawberry soda instead and the kids will love it.
For parties where there are alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks, use a different style glass for the kids so they don’t get mixed up.
Is it okay to use flavored ice cream?
Sure! While it’s hard to beat the creamy flavor of regular vanilla ice cream, it’s fine to use flavored ice cream.
Strawberry ice cream is a great option if you want to change up the flavor. In a pinch, you could also use strawberry sherbet, and it will taste great and still be creamy.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Strawberry Wine Ice Cream Float
- 3 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 strawberries, sliced
- 5 ounces strawberry wine
- 2 ounces club soda
- Scoop the ice cream into a wine glass. Drop the sliced strawberries over the ice cream.
- Pour the wine into the glass, then top with club soda.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Strawberry soda could be used in place of club soda for a sweet flavor.
- This dessert cocktail tastes like boozy strawberry ice cream.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published July 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.