Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs are perfectly tender and loaded with ooey-gooey cheese. They are perfect as an appetizer or served over a pile of spaghetti.
Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
…are the perfect party appetizer, they are cheesy, they are tasty and they are very easy to make. I like to serve mine in marinara sauce, topped with a sprinkle of parmesan, fresh parsley, and fresh basil. You can make them for dinner and serve them over spaghetti with extra cheese on top because more cheese is always a good decision.
Helpful Tips to make Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs:
- You can add less or more garlic powder, depending on your own preference. You can also add some fresh garlic for extra flavor.
- I like adding Italian seasoning, but if you don’t have any on hand, you can use a mix of dried basil and oregano.
- You can use store-bought marinara sauce or homemade.
- You may have to add a little more water, make sure you get the perfect smooth consistency.
- Make sure the meatballs are well-sealed after adding the cheese, otherwise it will ooze out.
What you will need to make Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs:
- Italian Seasoning – Delicious in this recipe, and its a nice seasoning to have in your pantry.
- Baking Pan – this baking pan is perfect to have on hand.
- Aluminum Foil – to make clean up easy.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Check out more of our favorite meatballs recipes:
Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs + Video
- 2 pounds ground beef, 85-90% lean
- 1/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 large egg
- 3-5 tablespoons water
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 cups store-bought marinara sauce, warmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- cooking spray
- Fresh basil
- Preheat the broiler.
- Line a baking pan with foil and spray the foil with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix: beef, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, egg, breadcrumbs and water. Mix until well combined and smooth, you may need to add a few more tablespoons of water, one at a time.
- Take 2 tablespoons of the meat mixture and roll it into a ball, flatten it a bit and add a cube of cheese, cover with the meat and roll into a ball,, making sure that the meat completely covers the cheese and is well sealed.
- Place the meatballs on the baking sheet pan and spray with cooking spray.
- Broil for 10 minutes or until meatballs are just done. Make sure you don’t overcook, as the cheese may start to ooze.
- Warm up some homemade or store-bought marinara sauce and add it to a serving bowl.
- Add the meatballs to the serving bowl, sprinkle with cheese, parsley and basil.
- Serve immediately.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.