Gummy bear jello shots are tiny sweet treats with just a bit of kick. Enjoy this sugary concoction at your next party or birthday celebration!
Now you can recreate the flavor of gummy bear vodka bites in a fraction of the time. These only take a couple of hours to set instead of needing a full day to soak.
Plus, adding vanilla frosting and rainbow sprinkles around the edge of the cup adds a little extra flair.
For something a little more simple but just as delicious, try Creamsicle version – it tastes just like the Creamsicle you remember from your childhood!
How To Make Gummy Bear Jello Shots
It only takes about 15 minutes to put these together, then a few more hours to chill and set.
Save some effort and use a can of your favorite vanilla frosting instead of making your own. Not only will it be the perfect consistency, but it tends to crust over faster as well.
- Dissolve the gelatin in water.
- Stir in vanilla vodka.
- Rim the cups with frosting and sprinkles.
- Fill with gummies and vodka mixture.
- Refrigerate until set.
Create different flavor and color combinations!
I personally divided mine so each cup was all the same color, but there’s no reason you can’t mix and match.
Keep in mind that the color of the candy may not correspond with what you think the flavor is, so I recommend doing a taste test first.
Grab one of each color that you want to use and eat them all together. If they make a pleasant combination, go ahead and mix them together in the shots!
Helpful Tips and Tricks
- Need a larger batch? You can easily double or triple this jello shots recipe to suit your needs. Scale up the amounts for the gelatin mixture and combine everything in a mixing bowl instead.
- Fill cups with precision. Since even the best spout can cause drips, use a turkey baster or kitchen syringe to transfer the liquid without messing up the frosting and sprinkles.
- Tip for chilling: Space out the cups on a baking sheet before filling them. Then you can pop the whole tray in the refrigerator and the tops will be level when set.
FAQ – Common Recipe Questions
Can I make gummy bear jello shots ahead of time?
Sure! Because of the frosting around the rim, it’s best to prepare them no more than 24 hours in advance.
You may also want to cover them with some sort of lid so they don’t absorb any smells or flavors from surrounding foods.
Will gummy bear vodka get you drunk?
It would take quite a few of these to do you in. The amount of alcohol in each one is equivalent to one-third of a straight shot of vodka.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Gummy Bear Jello Shots
- 1 package of gelatin
- 2 cups water
- 16 ounces package of gummy bears
- 1 cup vanilla flavored vodka
- 1 can of vanilla frosting
- Rainbow sprinkles
- 12 clear plastic shots glasses, 3 oz glasses
- Begin by dissolving gelatin in water and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir gelatin until it dissolves and add vodka.
- Dip rims of shot glasses in frosting and dip in sprinkles. I divided my gummy bears by color, and placed 4-5 in each cup, also placing one on the rime of the shot glass.
- Next, pour gelatin and vodka mixture into the cups and let set up in the refrigerator for a couple hours before serving.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published April 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.