Pizza Dip Skillet is a fabulously dippable way to eat your pizza. This easy recipe starts with a scrumptious meat sauce that is topped with a layer of ooey gooey cheese and a ring of garlic-Parmesan bread for dipping. It all comes together in one skillet in only 30 minutes!
Easy dinners are the theme most nights around here, but when it’s Sunday football and you just got new TV, there is nothing better than a simple recipe for a game day dinner. So, that is exactly what I came up with…
When we re craving pizza, we love this homemade version topped with pepperoni and all the ooey gooey cheese you can imagine. For us that is fun and dippable!
So we came home from Disneyland to a blown out TV. Mind you we bought it in 2006 so it really wasn’t that big a surprise. LOL. We have been eyeing this crazy awesome TV at Costco for over a year. Well, when that TV blew out we knew exactly what we wanted.
So, after we set up the TV Chad declared that a football game would look amazing on the screen and he was right. So, while Chad and Munchkin were watching the game together I decided to whip up a non-traditional pizza for dinner.
How to make Pepperoni Pizza Skillet Dip
It all starts with a flavorful meat sauce that is topped with pepperoni and a layer of fresh shredded mozzarella cheese. A ring of scrumptious garlic-Parmesan biscuits encircles the pan. It is easy and absolutely delicious.
This pizza dip skillet is perfect for game day or dinner! It is so easy it comes together in one skillet, in just 30-minutes.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Check out some of our favorite fabulous dippable dinners/game day dips: Click on the image or the bold recipe title and it will open each one in a new tab.
Cheesy Barbecue Ranch Chicken Dip is a fun way to turn dinner on its head. It’s rich, cheesy barbecue-y and this simple recipe is prepped even before the oven is done preheating. That my friends is a win in this moms book.
7 Layer Mexican Bean Dip is a go to meal in our house – served with tortilla chips or flour tortillas. It is also served at every party we host and there is never a drop left! It is an excellent make ahead recipe that I love to freeze and pop in the oven when we have company or a party.
Cheesy Fiesta Taco Dip is loaded with layer upon layer of your favorite Mexican flavors and goes from prep to plate in just 30 minutes. I serve mine with Doritos but this dish goes great with tortilla chips and plain old taco shells too!
Pepperoni Pizza Skillet Dip
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage, removed from casings
- 2 cups pizza sauce, (I used 5 Minute Marinara)
- 2 cups fresh shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup pepperoni slices
- 20 biscuits, cut into 1/4's (regular size biscuits), 10 count biscuits cans, cut into 1/4's (regular size biscuits)
- 2 tablespoons STAR garlic flavored olive oil
- 4 ounces fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- optional fresh cut parsley
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Brown sausage in a 10″ cast iron skillet over medium-high skillet.
- Meanwhile: in a large bowl, combine cut biscuits, olive oil, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese. Toss with your hands until the biscuits are well coated with all ingredients. (Don’t worry if you have left over Parmesan cheese, we will sprinkle that on top later).
- Drain any remaining sausage drippings from the pan. Add pizza sauce and stir until combined. Use spoon to even out the sauce.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top, until all the sauce is covered. Place pepperoni in a ring around the outside edge of the pan (You are making a base for the biscuits to sit on). Add remaining pepperoni to the center of the pan.
- Place biscuits in a ring against the side of the pan (on top of the pepperoni slices). Sprinkle any remaining Parmesan cheese from the biscuits over the top of the biscuits. Cover with foil and cook 10-12 minutes or until biscuits are cooked through. If the top is not golden brown, remove foil and place under the boiler 1-2 minutes, or until they biscuits are golden brown and the mozzarella cheese
- is bubbly.
- Allow to cool briefly. Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.