Our air fryer biscuit donuts are light and flaky fried donuts with a festive Easter theme. Make this air fryer donut recipe for your family!
There are so many yummy Easter treat recipes that I just can’t decide which ones I love the best. Have you had a chance to try my Easter Rice Krispie treats yet? You need to soon!
Or, if you’re looking for an option for Easter breakfast, why not make my Italian Easter Bread? It’s one of my favorite Easter breakfast ideas.
Air Fryer Biscuit Donuts
You won’t believe how easy air fried donuts are to make- SO much easier than making donuts from scratch!!
Pillsbury recipes that use biscuit dough or crescent roll dough are always easy to make, and this one is no exception!
Making donuts from biscuit dough is one of the simplest recipes ever, yet the result is a soft doughnut that is light, flaky and perfectly delicious.
Air Fried Donuts
These Easter-themed biscuit donuts are ready to serve in just a few minutes using your air fryer. Unlike a traditional fried donut recipe, making this air fryer donut recipe is SUPER simple, and results in light and fluffy homemade doughnuts with very little effort.
It’s such an easy recipe that you can customize in no time at all for your favorite holiday or event. We love them even more than Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kreme!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Making Biscuit Donuts
- Remove the biscuits from the package. I like using Pillsbury Grands biscuits, but any brand or variety is fine.
- Using a small circle cookie cutter, cut out the center of each biscuit so that it resembles a donut.
- Preheat your air fryer and place the donuts inside, allowing enough room for air circulation.
- While the donuts are cooking, you will need to make your donut glaze.
- When the fried donuts are ready, remove them from the air fryer basket and dip them into the colored glaze. Top with sprinkles and mini eggs.
- Let the air fryer biscuit donuts cool before serving.
These air fryer donuts have a glaze with Easter sprinkles. If you want to try something different, you can frost them with your favorite frosting.
Simply dye the frosting your choice of spring colors and dip them in the Easter sprinkles for even more color. Or, leave the sprinkles off and enjoy them as is.
Air Fryer Biscuit Donuts FAQ
Can I use any flavor of biscuits?
I found the buttermilk flavor donuts have the most donut-like flavor. The regular butter-flavored ones, you can tell they are biscuits.
What size biscuits are best for air fryer donuts?
Any size biscuits are fine. However, if you don’t use the jumbo size, reduce the cooking time by a minute or two, and be sure to keep an eye on them to prevent them from burning.
Where do you buy Easter sprinkles?
The sprinkles on our Easter donuts are from Michael’s craft store, and the brand is Sweet Tooth Fairy. You can use any sprinkle combination that you can find that is Easter-themed.
If you want to make this air fryer donut recipe for a different holiday, you can use another type of festive sprinkles on your glaze. You can change the color of the glaze as well if you like. Or, keep it white.
Should I flip donuts over in the air fryer?
NO! I thought I would have to, but the biscuit donuts ripped in half, and ended up looking bad. These air fryer biscuit donuts cook perfectly fine without flipping.
How can I store leftover donuts?
Air fried donuts taste the best right after they have been cooked. But, you can still enjoy them the next day if you want to.
Store them at room temperature in an air-tight container so that they stay soft and flaky. If you don’t cover them tightly, they may become hard. Otherwise, they should stay good for about two days.
OTHER FESTIVE EASTER TREATS
Easter Pinwheel Cookies are soft and chewy sugar cookies with a festive Easter spin. They’re incredibly easy to make. This simple recipe will have you enjoying these tasty treats in no time. It is so easy you can use your favorite recipe or mine. Even store-bought dough will work in a pinch.
Italian Easter Bread is a traditional Italian Easter accompaniment. It’s a delicious, tender, easy-to-follow recipe. This Italian sweet bread will make your Easter table even more festive! Spectacular step-by-step photos!
Our go-to chocolate cake is so easy and absolutely fabulous! This recipe is made with just one bowl, one whisk and it makes the most spectacular chocolate cake! We love it made as cupcakes, fancy cakes, or a simple cake.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Easter Air Fryer Biscuit Donuts
- 1 package jumbo buttermilk biscuits dough
- 1 package Easter sprinkles
- 1/2 cup Cadbury mini eggs
- 1/2 cup powder sugar
- 3 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 drops green food coloring
- Using a small circle cookie cutter, cut out the centers of all the biscuits.
- Depending on your air fryer's size, place 3-4 biscuits into the air fryer's basket, so they have about ½ inch around each one.
- Turn the air fryer on to 360°F for 7 minutes. Remove the donuts from the air fryer onto a cooling rack. You will need to reduce the time by one minute for the next batch of donuts since it's preheated. Repeat this until all your donuts, and donut holes are cooked off.
- While the donuts are cooking, combine the sugar, two teaspoons of milk, and vanilla. Whisk until you have a smooth glaze. Add in the food coloring till you have a shade of green you like. You want the glaze to be thick enough it doesn’t run right off the donuts, but if it’s too thick, you can add more milk.
- Pour your glaze onto a shallow plate. Dip the donuts’ tops into the glaze, lift the donut straight up from the glaze and allow the extra glaze to drip off. Add the sprinkles to half of the donut so you still see half the glaze. Place three mini eggs on half of the donuts with the sprinkles.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published March 2021, updated March 2022
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.