Cranberry Maple Donut Bread Pudding
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Cranberry Maple Donut Bread Pudding is a simple recipe that comes together in a snap. The perfect Christmas breakfast it is the epitome of winter, made with left over donuts (in place of the traditional bread), a divine maple custard filling and speckled with tart cranberries throughout. A vanilla maple butter icing is drizzled over top to make this a most impressive dessert that you will be making again and again!
Cranberry Maple Donut Bread
We are so excited to be partnering with International Delight® to bring you another fabulous recipe. I don’t know about you, but I love my coffee so I always have creamer in the house. I have found this to be an amazing convenient ingredient in cooking and baking sweets. So, of course, when I started thinking about bread pudding I thought of International Delight.
And donuts. I have loved cake donuts since I was a kid. Recently though when Chad is getting donuts, I will pass. I don’t know if it’s my palette or the way they are made now but I would rather skip them.
That was until my friend brought me 2 dozen donuts from New York. A lovely Amish woman makes them the first Saturday of every month and I was lucky enough to get my hands on a fresh batch. I have to say they are truly the best donuts I have ever had. Well, after the donuts had passed their peak of freshness I started wondering what I could do to revive them.
I knew they needed liquid so I started thinking about cakes and breakfast and landed on my new favorite Christmas breakfast! My daughter and I completely devoured ours. It is absolutely amazing and I know you are going to love it.
By now, you know how much we love their coffee creamers and have for some time (check out our 40+ International Delight recipes).
Head on over to International Delight to sign up to receive new offers, recipes and delightful surprises in your email all year long.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram ❤ ❤ ❤
Cranberry Maple Donut Bread Pudding
- 8-12 stale glazed cake donuts
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons International Delight French Vanilla Creamer
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a deep 9″ pie pan (or 9×9 baking pan).
- Chop donuts into bite size pieces. You want enough donuts so that your pie plate is heaping, they will be pressed down later. Place them in the buttered baking dish. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl and add cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Whisk to combine. Add half-and-half, 4 tablespoons melted butter, 4 tablespoons maple syrup. Whisk until well combined.Pour egg mixture over the donuts. Toss donuts to coat and press down into the egg mixture if necessary so they can absorb the mixture. Rest for 15 minutes. Add cranberries and toss to combine. Gently press the donuts into the pan so they will stick together, not so much that you flatten them.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 15-20 additional minutes, until it is set.
- Meanwhile, add powdered sugar to a medium bowl. Add remaining 3 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, creamer and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Whisk to combine.
- Pour or drizzle frosting over warm bread pudding.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Can’t get enough International Delight? Check them out on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. And sign up to get their newsletter for access to an instant coupon, giveaways and more!
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
"My daughter and I completely devoured ours."
Didn't save any for Chad? Bummer …
This is so good. My whole family loves bread pudding and this one really put us all in the holiday spirit LOL. It is so delicious and the cranberry adds such a nice tartness on top of the sweet!