Lemon Chicken Bites Recipe (Air Fryer)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This chicken bites recipe is so easy, it’s sure to become a new favorite! Marinate the meat, cook it in the air fryer, and it’s ready to go!
A few fresh ingredients and a handful of spices are all you need to make these air fryer chicken bites.
Serve them for a simple weeknight dinner or cook a larger amount in batches to feed a crowd.
They are so tender and delicious that you could easily serve them as a party appetizer as well!
Looking for more lemon chicken recipes? You will love my crispy air fryer wings or this easy skillet with summer veggies.
Air Fryer Chicken Bites Recipe – Tips and Tricks
- Use fresh lemons. Bottled juice may be easier, but it doesn’t have that same great flavor that you get from fresh fruit.
- Discard leftover marinade. Since it will be mixed with raw poultry, it cannot be reused for food safety reasons. If you want extra sauce to drizzle over the top, you will need to boil it in a saucepan first.
- Prefer darker meat? Feel free to use boneless, skinless thighs instead. You will need 6 to 8 pieces for this chicken bites recipe, depending on their size.
- Tip for easier juicing: Roll the citrus back and forth on a solid surface while pressing down with the palm of your hand. Or, toss them in the microwave whole and heat for 10 to 15 seconds.
Pair this lemon chicken bites recipe with any number of simple sides. Rice, rosemary potatoes, or crispy cauliflower would all be delicious!
If you’re more in a snacking mood, try these homemade sweet potato chips with a chipotle lime dipping sauce. Or, toss the meat into a pasta salad or over a bed of greens with your favorite dressing.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Do you ❤️ TSRI? Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to The Slow Roasted Italian by email to receive new recipes in your inbox!!
FAQ - Common Recipe Questions
Can I cook this chicken bites recipe in the oven instead?
Yes! Dump the whole bag – meat and marinade – into a greased 9×13 baking dish and pop it into a preheated oven.
I recommend baking lemon chicken at 425°F for 16 to 18 minutes or until cooked through. Give everything a good stir about halfway through so it browns on all sides.
How many lemons will I need to get ¼ cup of juice?
You will need 2 to 3, depending on how large they are. Be sure to follow the tips above to get the most liquid out of each one!
Can I make this without lemon juice?
Yes, but you will need to replace it with another type of acid like lime or orange juice.
Vinegar is another common citrus substitute, but you will lose a lot of the flavor in the dish. Opt for apple cider vinegar if you must, or grab a bottle of your favorite white wine instead.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram ❤ ❤ ❤
MORE AIR FRYER CHICKEN RECIPES
Air Fryer Chicken Legs
Air Fryer Chicken Breasts (Boneless)
Lemon Chicken Bites Recipe (Air Fryer)
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place all the ingredients into a gallon-size zip-top bag. Shake the bag until the chicken is well coated, place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Place the chicken into the basket of your air fryer. Turn it on to 400 degrees for 10 minutes; halfway through, stir the chicken. Depending on your air fryer, you might need to a minute or two until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published July 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
Let me know how yummy they are,they look good
I used these as an appetizer for friends and they were a hit. They were easy to make and delicious, definitely using this recipe again.
I tried this recipe using chicken thighs cut up into bite size pieces and baked it in the oven with red roasted potatoes for 25 minutes… OMG!! It was sooo good!!! Weekly rotation for sure!!! So delicious!!
We are happy to hear that!!! Have a great evening!
TSRI Team Member,
Can you use it on full boneless breast
Made this recipe for Sunday dinner and even the 6 and 4 year olds asked for seconds. It will be a recipe I’ll be using often ,especially with company coming.
Absolutely delicious 😋😋😋
Definitely a winner! 👍👏👏👏
Made this lemon chicken recipe with breast of chicken and chicken thighs, both were delicious! Definitely a keeper! 😋