Air fryer cauliflower is the perfect healthy snack or side dish. Keep it simple with salt and pepper or get creative with a variety of spices!
I love knowing that I can prepare healthy vegetables like cauliflower in the air fryer. It’s such a versatile small appliance!
Enjoy the same tender and crispy texture in a fraction of the time as roasting it in the oven. Plus, you hardly need any oil!
Loving that cauliflower? Check out our Crispy Cauliflower Cheese Bites for some more cauliflower goodness!!
Looking for more air fryer recipes? You’ll find plenty of options to choose from, whether you toss in a bag of your frozen favorites or prepare an entire meal from scratch.
Air Fryer Cauliflower – Tips and Tricks
- Rinse well. Run the vegetable under cool water, then shake out the excess liquid. Or, rinse the florets in a colander after they’ve been cut.
Either way, be sure to pat the vegetable dry before coating it in oil.
- Give it a shake! Halfway through the cooking time, slide out the basket and toss the florets so the crisp evenly on all sides.
- Add extra seasoning. Sprinkle in some garlic powder or swap the regular salt for garlic salt instead. For a little heat, try some red pepper flakes.
You could even use your favorite ranch or taco seasoning!
- Feeding a crowd? The recipe can be doubled or tripled depending on the size of your basket.
Since overcrowding means your air fried cauliflower won’t cook as well, you may need to work in batches.
How To Cut Cauliflower Florets
You’ll get better results by cutting the full head into smaller pieces so there’s plenty of circulation around the vegetable.
Start by removing the outer leaves, then separate larger pieces from the stem with a sharp knife.
Once that’s done, cut the pieces into smaller florets. Slice off any stem pieces as needed.
FAQ - Common Recipe Questions
Can you make this recipe with frozen cauliflower?
Yes, but you’ll get better results if you don’t thaw it first. Simply follow the recipe as directed for crispy, golden bites.
What goes with air fried cauliflower?
It’s delicious as a snack as well. Dipping vegetables always makes them more fun to eat, so try air fryer cauliflower with any one of these tasty sauces:
- Honey Mustard
- Light Blue Cheese Dip
- Cilantro Lime Yogurt Sauce
- Beer Cheese Fondue
- Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES
Air Fryer Cauliflower + Video
- 1 1/4 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Optional: fresh chopped flat leaf parsley for serving
- Preheat air fryer to 300°F for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the cauliflower florets into a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Tossing the cauliflower to coat evenly. You can use spoons or clean hands.
- Add the cauliflower into the preheated air fryer.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Halfway through, slide the drawer out and shake up cauliflower. Then slide the drawer back in.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published August 2020, updated and republished November 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for your support; it allows us to keep creating new recipes.