Chipotle Lime Mayo is the perfect condiment for sandwiches, burgers, or use as a dipping sauce! This recipe takes 5 minutes to prepare!
Sometimes a simple dish can be made fabulous with an easy to make flavorful condiment. The aioli was originally developed as the perfect accompaniment for Grilled Sweet Potato Fries or Seasoned Grilled Fries. It is utterly amazing!
This is such a versatile sauce! Turn an everyday sandwich into an extraordinary meal with this Chipotle Lime Mayo. It’s simply delicious with a little kick. You can add more chipotle peppers if you would like it really hot. I think it is perfect the way it is. I used it on a turkey and provolone sub and I have to say it was a superb chipotle turkey and provolone sub!
Just the right amount of smokiness and heat combined with a luscious mayo with the tart of lime. This mayo is perfect with fries, on burgers, chicken sandwiches and it really wakes up an egg sandwich. I truly love this mayo. It is one of my favorites. Although with Homemade Pesto Mayo and this Chipotle Lime Mayo both, you will be lucky to find and left over in my fridge!
TSRI Tip of The Day: Prepare chicken salad and use Homemade Chipotle Lime Mayo in place of regular mayo and you have a smoky chipotle lime chicken salad!
Chipotle Lime Mayo + Dipping Sauce
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, about 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, about 1 lime
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup canola oil
- In a food processor, puree the egg yolks, lime juice, lime zest, chipotle pepper, garlic, salt and pepper until you have a very smooth mixture. Very slowly drizzle the canola oil in while the food processor is still running. VERY SLOWLY!
- You will notice the mayo thickening as you add more oil. When you are done adding the oil, the mayo will be thick and creamy! If it is not thick, add more oil, 1/4 teaspoon at a time, until desired thickness is reached. If your mayo is too thick for your taste, add water 1/4 teaspoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- This mayo is fantastic served right away, but I like to let it sit in the fridge overnight to let the flavors meld. It is even better the next day.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published July 2012.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for your support; it allows us to keep creating new recipes.