Summer Corn Salad (With Video)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Summer Corn Salad is a bright refreshing taste of summer. Garden fresh corn and tomatoes come together with fresh mozzarella, herbs and a glorious dressing that really gives it an even lighter fresher taste. This simple recipe is the perfect summer side!
I can not get enough of salads during the summer months, but lately lettuce has not been my thing. So I have turned to fabulous vegetable salads like my Best Ever Broccoli Salad to satisfy this craving.
Pasta salads really rock my world, but on days like today where I am longing to taste the freshness of summer.
Summer Corn Salad
I grabbed a bunch of garden fresh ingredients (okay, they are actually market fresh) and tossed them with an incredible lemon and garlic dressing and sat down to enjoy lunch.
The fresh corn takes me back to a few years ago when Chad and I planted a garden full of corn. I mean he is from Iowa, we should be able to grow corn… Even in Arizona.
Well, I tended that corn, fertilized it (by shaking the tassels) watered it by hand. That corn garden was my baby.
After a full season of tending the corn, using all natural gardening alternatives to deter pests and loving on my corn (can you tell I really babied this corn garden) the day finally came to harvest the corn.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Do you ❤️ TSRI? Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to The Slow Roasted Italian by email to receive new recipes in your inbox!!
The harvest: 3 ears. Yes, you read that correctly my garden of corn stalks (12 or so) yielded 3 ears of corn.
I have to tell you though, my excitement was not suppressed by the low yield. Chad and I took 2 ears of corn and dropped them in boiling water (with nothing added).
After a few minutes we took them out of the pot and ate them.
That was the best corn I have ever eaten in my life. So what happened to the 3rd ear you ask? I ate it straight off the cob. It never made it to the kitchen.
AMAZING and it was so inspiring that I started enjoying fresh corn on the cob in dishes like this one. I love it, and you will too.
Helpful Tips to make Summer Corn Salad:
- You can cook the corn if you prefer, I really enjoy the fresh taste of it uncooked in this salad. The acid in the lemon juice will mellow out the starchiness of the corn and create a fabulous flavor. You can easily make corn on the cob by following our Microwave Corn on the Cob recipe!!
- If you are traveling with this salad or making ahead; you can prep the salad and the dressing and wait to pour dressing over salad until ready to serve. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
What you will need to make Summer Corn Salad:
- Sharp Knife– or Corn Cob Stripper – This genius tool makes quick work of removing kernels from the corn cob.
- Medium Mixing Bowl–
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram ❤ ❤ ❤
Check out more of our favorite summer salad recipes:
Best Ever Tropical Fruit Salad
Best Ever Strawberry Spinach Salad
Summer Corn Salad + Video
- 4 ears fresh corn on the cob, cleaned and washed
- 10.5 ounce package grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into bite size pieces
- 10 basil leaves, chiffonade (roll leaves and slice thinly)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cut corn off the cob, place into a medium mixing bowl. Add tomatoes and mozzarella. Sprinkle with basil. Set aside.
- Add fresh lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper to a pint size canning jar. Shake to combine. Pour dressing over salad. Toss to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
Originally published July 2014, updated and republished May 2020
I love salad! yummy yummy.
I love this salad, as does everyone I’ve shared it with. It takes like summer! Super easy to make and never any leftovers.
I love your description, Teri. Corn salad really DOES “taste like summer”!
TSRI Team member,
I love corn, but have never thought of putting it in a salad! This was so good and so fresh tasting! I love making this in the summer, and even in the ‘winter’ here in florida!
Great recipe…….5 stars easy……….simple.but very healthy………folks here just loved it. I was short on the corn so I added Edamame beans………..loved the idea of dressing with Olive oil and just lemon juice………one of my favourites
Bernie in Port Credit Ontario