Creamy Cucumber Salad + Video
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Creamy Cucumber Salad is a simple side dish that comes together in less than 10 minutes. Combine fresh cucumbers, red onions and a spectacular dressing to create a fresh salad that is perfect for summer potlucks and more!
A potluck or summer dinner party isn’t complete without a fresh cucumber salad. Creamy Cucumber Salad is made with freshly sliced cucumbers, red onion and a simple yogurt-mayo lemon dill dressing.
Best of all, the salad comes together in less than 10 minutes with ingredients you probably already have available in your refrigerator and pantry.
Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe
It’s a quick and easy side dish that everyone will love. Bring this hassle-free Creamy Cucumber Salad to your next potluck to share with everyone.
I’m Ashley from Spoonful of Flavor and I’m a new contributor here at TSRI. Simple yet impressive recipes featuring the freshest of flavors are my favorite recipes and I’m excited to be able to share them with you.
Creating an impressive dish for your next family gathering or summertime celebration doesn’t have to be difficult. Always use the freshest ingredients.
How Do You Make Creamy Cucumber and Onion Salad
Add a simple flavor like lemon or fresh herbs to elevate the flavor of the dish.
Helpful Tips to make Creamy Cucumber Salad:
- Cucumbers have a tendency to release a lot of liquid. To avoid a
watery salad you can prep your cukes ahead. Simply, place cucumbers in
serving dish. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt. Cover and refrigerate for 2
hours. Pour off the liquid (do not rinse). Do not add more salt. This
will be plenty.
- You can prep the entire salad ahead of time and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve, up to one day in advance.
- Use freshly minced garlic instead of garlic powder, if desired. You can also use dried dill instead of fresh.
- Use lemon zest and squeezed lemon juice from a fresh lemon for the freshest flavor.
- You can use any combination of Greek yogurt, sour cream or mayonnaise for the dressing as long as the total amount is 1/2 cup.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Do you ❤️ TSRI? Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to The Slow Roasted Italian by email to receive new recipes in your inbox!!
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram ❤ ❤ ❤
Check out more of our favorite fresh salad recipes:
Hawaiian Tortellini Pasta Salad
Watch the video below to see how easy it is to make this recipe!
Creamy Cucumber Salad + Video
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream, or Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, from 1 large lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, from 1 large lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 3 large cucumbers, sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, dill and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chopped cucumbers and red onion to the creamy dressing and stir to combine. Be sure all cucumbers are well coated.
- Serve immediately, or chill until ready to serve.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
Delicious – the whole family (including grandparents) loved it!! Thanks xoxo
We are so happy everyone enjoyed it!!!
We’re you able to get the video to play? All of Donna’s videos with the arrow on the left will not play for me. I think she’s only in it for the visits, never responding to complaints about this. If she didn’t have some excellent recipes I’d drop her like a bit potatoe
I make a similar salad, but not with the mayo, just sour cream. Ill have to try this version. Yummy.
Enjoy carol jane and let us know how it goes!
Is this a dish that’s better kept overnight or served fresh?
This was so delicious! Thank you!
I have an abundance of lemon cucumbers and other cucumbers in my garden and this recipe is a great way to use them up. I did not salt the cukes first. Crunchy creamy goodness!
This was amazing! Everyone loved it! Even the kids liked it (which was shocking!)