The Best Ever Broccoli Salad is a simple recipe combining broccoli, bacon, raisins, onion and nuts. They come together in the most amazing summer salad yet. The sweet and creamy dressing really makes this the perfect summer side that you won’t be able to get enough of!
Several years ago we got together with Chad’s relatives for a family reunion. A quaint gathering at my mother in law’s house to spent time together and enjoy each others company while we ate and played.
Chad’s family from California drove in and brought a few dishes with them. I remember the first time I saw it… Fresh broccoli with dressing, onions and pine nuts. I had never seen such a thing and dove right in.
Oh it was a good thing I did. It was pure heaven. I asked his aunt Karen and his cousin Shelly what this divine creation was. Broccoli Salad! Who knew? Well after about 6 bowls I asked for the recipe.
To be honest I never wrote it down but I have remembered that salad for almost 7 years now. Once summer was upon us I knew I needed to create my own broccoli salad and I did. It is as amazing as I remember.
The combination of fresh broccoli, bacon, plump raisins, red onion and roasted pine nuts create the most amazing summer salad yet. The sweet and creamy dressing really makes this the perfect summer side!
To be honest, no one in my house was interested in eating it. So… I may have enjoyed this salad for lunch and dinner for almost a week! Oh my word it is amazing.
Helpful Tips to make The Best Ever Broccoli Salad:
- Blanching the broccoli does take a few minutes but it is so worth it!
- For a thicker dressing you can omit the lemon juice.
- If you don’t prefer pine nuts you can use chopped pecans or walnuts.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Check out more of our favorite summer salad recipes:
Best Ever Broccoli Salad + Video
- 3 pounds fresh broccoli florets, washed
- 1 cup bacon crumbles
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup toasted pine nuts, or your favorite nut
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add broccoli and cook for 30 seconds. Drain water and rinse with ice cold water or place broccoli in an ice bath. Drain and set aside.
- Reserve a small handful of bacon, raisins and pine nuts for garnish.
- In a medium bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Place broccoli, onion and remaining raisins in a large bowl. Pour dressing over top. Toss to coat. Chill.
- When ready to serve add nuts and bacon and toss well. Garnish with reserved bacon, raisins and pine nuts. Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.