Layers of chocolate cookie crumbs and the most delightful pumpkin sweet cream you have ever tasted. It is topped with whipped cream and cinnamon to create the perfect fall treat; truly a pumpkin spice masterpiece. An easy recipe that comes together in just 15 minutes this is sure to be a keeper!
Its only September and I can not get enough of fall flavors already. Seems like summer wanted to last forever. But I am turning down the air conditioner and pretending its fall (even though it is still in the 90’s here in Arizona). Pumpkin is in the air and I am loving pumpkin spice everything.
I have been wanting to try the chocolate pumpkin combo that everyone is raving about, so I decided to put together a pumpkin chocolate trifle. Honestly I prefer pumpkin pie flavor over actual pumpkin pie so I used all our favorites to build this trifle.
The pumpkin cream filling starts with pumpkin, cream cheese and cream, but it really needed an extra indulgent element and I remembered how creamy and dreamy the addition of International Delight Sweet Cream made this dessert and I knew that was just what it needed. The cream filling is perfect with the right mixture of pumpkin pie spices. Ready in just 15 minutes it is the perfect fall dessert.
While you are looking for fabulous fall recipes, be sure to check out this easy pumpkin coffee cake.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Other Easy Pumpkin Dessert Recipes
Pumpkin Sweet Cream Chocolate Trifle
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie
- 2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup International Delight Cold Stone Sweet Cream Creamer
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch ginger
- 30 chocolate sandwich cookies
- cinnamon sticks for garnish
- In a medium bowl combine cream cheese , pumpkin and 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar. Beat until well combined. Add 1 cup heavy cream, creamer and spices. Beat until light and fluffy. Refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- Add cookies to blender, pulse until ground to fine crumbs. Pour into a bowl. Set aside.
- In a tall bowl add remaining 1 cup cream. Beat with a hand mixer until soft peaks form. Add remaining 1/4 cup powdered sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- In a jar or individual trifle, add 1/4 cup ground cookie crumbs, then add 1/2 scant cup pumpkin cream. Repeat. Top with 1/4 of the whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon. Repeat the entire process to assemble the remaining 3 dishes. Garnish with cinnamon sticks.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.