Cherry Pie Cheesecake Salad Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Cherry pie cheesecake salad combines two classic flavors into one rich and creamy dessert. Whip up this recipe today in only 20 minutes!
No-bake desserts are a staple in warmer months, especially when I am trying to keep the house nice and cool! But if it is cookies you are looking for try my cherry cheesecake cookies.
Whether it’s no churn ice cream, ice box cake, or smores prepared half a dozen different ways, there’s no shortage of options to satisfy those cravings.
If you love this cherry cheesecake recipe, you should try my peach cobbler flavor as well! There’s even a traditional baked version for something a little more impressive looking.
How To Make Cherry Pie Cheesecake Salad
Crush the graham crackers and candy them in the oven with butter and sugar. Cool completely and break into smaller pieces.
Meanwhile, whip up the cream cheese pudding mixture until smooth and fluffy. Gently fold in the cherry filling until evenly distributed throughout, then add the grahams and marshmallows. Try our Pineapple cheesecake salad, that will blows your mind.
Helpful Tips and Tricks
- Save some effort. Instead of using a rolling pin, toss the graham crackers into a food processor and pulse until crushed. It doesn’t need to be a fine crumb, but there shouldn’t be any large pieces.
- Thaw the Cool Whip. It should be soft, not runny, before you add it to the cream cheese. If it is still frozen, it will leave chunks in the mixture and the filling will not fluff up like it should.
- Keep it crunchy. Since the candied grahams will soften in this cherry pie cheesecake salad, add them just before serving. Or, skip mixing them in and sprinkle them over the top instead.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Do you ❤️ TSRI? Don’t miss another recipe!
Subscribe to The Slow Roasted Italian by email to receive new recipes in your inbox!!
FAQ - Common Recipe Questions
How can I thaw Cool Whip quickly?
For best results, it should sit in the refrigerator overnight. If you forgot or are short on time, try one of these methods instead:
- Let it float in a bowl of cool water for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Use the defrost setting on your microwave in 20 second bursts. Keep a close eye on it so it doesn’t become too soft and stir each time.
Can I make cherry pie cheesecake salad ahead of time?
While this will keep for up to 2 days in the refrigerator in a sealed container, I would recommend serving it freshly made to guests.
However, the candied grahams can be stored in a dry, airtight container once fully cooled for several days.
What is a good serving size?
I find about ½ cup to be the perfect amount – this dessert is rich and delicious!
Can I use real whipped cream in this cherry cheesecake recipe?
Unfortunately, no. Typically it is fine in my other cheesecake salad recipes, but the cream will curdle when the cherry pie filling is added in this case.
If you prefer fresh whipped cream, you could use real cherries instead of the canned filling.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram ❤ ❤ ❤
MORE CHEESECAKE SALAD RECIPES
Lemon Berry Cheesecake Salad
Millionaire Cheesecake Salad
Cherry Pie Cheesecake Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 9 graham cracker sheets, 1 sleeve, crushed
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 16 ounce container of frozen whipped topping, Cool Whip, thawed
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 3.4 ounce package of instant cheesecake pudding mix, unprepared
- 21 ounce can cherry pie filling
- 10 ounce package miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add brown sugar and butter, cut into pieces. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between, until mixture is bubbling and sugar is dissolved into the butter. (this took 1 minute total in my microwave)
- Place graham cracker sheets in a ziploc bag and crush with a mallet or rolling pin.
- When sugar, butter mixture comes out of the microwave, stir in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Add the graham cracker pieces and stir until fully coated.
- Transfer the graham cracker mixture to the prepared sheet pan and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake for 10 -12 minutes, stirring halfway through baking.
- Remove candied graham crackers from the oven and allow to cool completely. Break apart into pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat softened cream cheese and remaining 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract until fluffy.
- Add the entire tub of whipped topping and beat until combined.
- Add in the powdered sugar and cheesecake pudding mix and beat again until smooth.
- Fold in the cherry pie filling until mixture is evenly stirred.
- Add in miniature marshmallows and cooled graham cracker pieces and stir gently.
- Transfer mixture to a serving bowl and serve immediately.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published July 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
Such a tasty treat! I loved the combination of the cherry and cheesecake flavors.