Smoky Chipotle Sloppy Joe’s are everything you would think they would be and more. Packed with rich smoky flavor with a little kick this is certainly not your mama’s sloppy joe’s.
I grew up in a loving home with 7 of us. Mom and Dad both worked several jobs and to say we were on a shoe string budget is a an understatement. I lived a blessed life, dont get me wrong, but with such a full house time was a hot comodity. Occasionally my mom would prepare semi-homemade food. Sloppy joe’s were a favorite. Straight from the can. Pure messy deliciousness! We could never get enough.
Smoky Chipotle Sloppy Joes
A moist delicious smoky sloppy joe was destined for greatness in Chad’s eyes and Munchkin keeps asking for more Joe’s. They pass the family test. Serve with a salad or corn and you have a quite and easy weeknight meal.
Ready as fast as the canned variety and so much better and so much healthier! Smoky Chipotle Sloppy Joe’s in 15 minutes – your childhood is calling!
Check out these scrumptious, quick and easy comforting dishes: Click on the image or the link and it will open each one in a new tab.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Other Easy Sandwich Recipes
Smoky Chipotle Sloppy Joe’s in 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 pound 93% lean beef
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo, chopped (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce, from chipotle peppers
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon New Mexico chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- 8 pickle slices
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add oil and beef. Cook beef until browned, using a heat safe spatula to break it apart as it cooks.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine tomato sauce, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and spices. Whisk to combine well,
- Place hamburger buns on a baking sheet and brush lightly with butter. Place cut side up. Bake for 5-10 minutes, until they are golden brown.
- Add chipotle sauce to browned ground beef. Stir to combine. Cook 4-5 minutes, until sauce is thick. Remove from heat.
- Serve on toasted hamburger bun with pickle slices.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.