Banana Split Cheesecake Salad has all of the flavors of a classic banana split and cheesecake combined in one amazing fruit salad perfect for a side dish or dessert. Every bite is banana split cheesecake heaven!
After creating some amazing cheesecake salads like our Hawaiian Cheesecake Salad for a crowd, you have been asking for more outrageous fruit salads with pudding, so here we go!
Fresh strawberries, sliced bananas, pineapple chunks, and sweet maraschino cherries, are tossed together with chopped peanuts, and rich, creamy cheesecake filling, and topped with chocolate sauce.
When I was a kid banana splits were my favorite treat. Three types of ice cream, a banana, strawberry and pineapple topping, hot fudge, nuts, whipped cream, and of course a cherry on top.
What’s not to love? I don’t have enough banana split goodness in my life these days and that’s what inspired this Banana Split Cheesecake Salad. It has all of the flavors of that classic dessert in fruit salad form.
Hi I’m Kat from Home. Made. Interest. and I’m here today to share with you my love of all things banana split. If you share my passion for strawberry, pineapple, banana, and chocolate make sure you check out my Banana Split Poke Cake and Banana Split Cookie Cups.
How do you make Banana Split Cheesecake Salad?
Since this is a fruit salad we skip the ice cream and instead fill a bowl full of fresh strawberries, pineapples, bananas, sweet maraschino cherries, and crunchy chopped peanuts.
Then we top the fruit with a rich, creamy cheesecake filling made with cream cheese, cheesecake pudding mix, and coffee creamer (you can substitute heavy cream if you prefer).
The ingredients are whipped until they make a smooth filling and then it is poured over the fruit and everything is folded together.
The great thing about Banana Split Cheesecake Salad is that you get all of those awesome flavors without having to worry about melting ice cream. That makes it perfect for serving at parties!
How To Make Banana Split Cheesecake Salad Ahead:
Prepare the cheesecake mixture and refrigerate in a bowl or sealed jar. Combine all of the fruit in a large bowl and refrigerate.
Before serving, drain any excess liquid from the fruit and add the peanuts, fold the cheesecake filling into the fruit salad, and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Serve and enjoy!
Helpful Tips to make Banana Split Cheesecake Salad:
- To keep the bananas from turning brown toss them (and the strawberries and pineapples) in lemon juice before adding them to the cheesecake salad.
- Do not pour all of the creamer into the cream cheese at once. It will get clumpy and no matter how long you beat it, it will stay that way.
- If you choose to substitute heavy cream for the creamer, use 1 cup heavy cream, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- If the consistency is a little thick you can add a splash or two more of creamer to get it to a pourable, consistency.
- Before adding the maraschino cherries drain the juice and pat them dry. That way the juice won’t color the whole fruit salad red!
What you will need to make Banana Split Cheesecake Salad:
- Electric Hand Mixer – This simple hand mixer will get your cheesecake filling perfectly smooth.
- Instant Cheesecake Pudding – This is my favorite to use in cheesecake salads.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Check out more of our favorite cheesecake salad recipes:
Banana Split Cheesecake Salad
- 1 pound strawberries
- 3 medium bananas, cut into coins
- 20 ounce can pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 10 ounce jar Maraschino cherries, cut in half
- 2.5 ounces peanuts, chopped
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 3.4 ounce package instant cheesecake flavored pudding, unprepared
- 1 cup French Vanilla Creamer, liquid
- 2 tablespoons chocolate sauce
- In a medium tall bowl, using an electric mixer, whip cream cheese until it becomes smooth. It may bind up in the beaters, but continue as is and it will loosen up. Add dry pudding mix. Beat until well combined.
- With mixer running slowly add creamer to the cream cheese mix. Add it about a tablespoon at a time and then mix until it becomes a smooth mixture and all of the creamer has combined into the cream cheese. Continue until all of the creamer has been added to the cream cheese. Whip until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine sliced strawberries, banana coins, pineapples, and lemon juice. Stir until all the fruit is coated with lemon juice. Add the maraschino cherries and chopped peanuts.
- Pour cheesecake mixture over fruit. Gently fold cheesecake mixture into fruit.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup right before serving. Chill until ready to serve or serve immediately.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.