This veggie pizza has a flaky crust, fresh toppings, and a creamy spread in place of the traditional sauce. Throw it together in 20 minutes!
Try something more unique than the average party fare with this easy veggie pizza! Lightly filling and chock full of flavor, it’s the perfect addition to any luncheon, baby shower, or office potluck.
Plus, you can easily double the recipe or adjust the size of the slices to accommodate the number of guests you will be serving.
If you love this vegetarian pizza, try my Lemon Herb Margherita version! It uses homemade dough for a more traditional crust and is bursting with fresh flavors.
How To Make Veggie Pizza
This comes together easily, making it perfect for a last-minute appetizer that will feed a large group. It’s even great for dinner on those nights when it’s just too hot to cook.
Since it’s served cold, you can easily throw it together ahead of time and keep it chilled until it’s time to eat.
Keep in mind that the dough is baked by itself when making pizza with hummus. If you don’t want your toppings to be too crunchy, feel free to saute them for a few minutes on the stove until crisp-tender.
- Form the crust. Press the sheets of crescent dough evenly onto the pan, working up the sides as well. Bake until golden brown.
- Mix the sauce. Whip the creamy ingredients together with the seasonings, then spread over the cooled crust.
- Add the toppings. Sprinkle the veggies on top and slice into squares before serving.
You can’t go wrong with a green salad or even a bowl of your favorite soup!
When serving this as an appetizer, keep your main course options simple and light. Or, provide a variety of options like Avocado Egg Rolls and Sriracha Honey Meatballs to create a casual meal perfect for grazing.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
FAQ – Common Recipe Questions
Can I make this veggie pizza with regular dough instead?
While I haven’t tried it myself, I don’t see why not! Refrigerated tubes can be used to keep things simple, or try my easy 2-ingredient recipe for a homemade version.
How long does this last in the fridge?
If you will be preparing it ahead of time, I recommend no more than a couple of hours before serving.
Leftovers will be fine for a few days, just know that the crust will start to get soft the longer it sits. Keep well covered so it doesn’t absorb flavors or odors from surrounding foods.
What else can I add to pizza with hummus?
Really, anything you like that doesn’t need to be baked first! Halved grape tomatoes, sliced mushrooms, and drained artichoke hearts would all taste delicious.
For a little heat, try a little red onion or even a dash of red pepper flakes. You could also mix a few drops of your favorite hot sauce into the spread if you’d like.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Veggie Pizza Appetizer
- 16 ounces refrigerated crescent dough sheet, 2 8-ounce cans, or refrigerated crescent rolls
- 8 ounces package cream cheese, softened
- 10 ounces container Sabra Classic hummus
- 5.3 ounces container plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 ounce packet ranch salad dressing and seasoning mix, I used Hidden Valley Ranch
- 1 cup cucumber slices, quartered
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- Preheat oven to 375℉
- Unroll both cans of dough. In an ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan, place dough; press to form seam in middle and roll up excess dough along edges to form crust. Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whip cream cheese. Add hummus, yogurt, and seasoning packet. Mix until smooth. Spread evenly over crust.
- Top with vegetables. Cut into pieces with a pizza cutter. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published May 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.