Air Fryer Nachos are the perfect snack or lazy day meal. Layer everything in the basket, cook until the cheese is melted, then add toppings!
Air Fryer Nachos
When you air fry nachos, they are covered in gooey cheese and are a delicious base for all of your favorite toppings.
Since there’s no preheating required, you’ll be ready to eat in just 15 minutes!
Adding black beans is an easy, meat-free way to get some extra protein, and they make these nachos in the air fryer more filling as well.
I even have a copycat recipe for Taco Bell’s Mexican Pizza! It makes enough to feed four people and costs less than takeout.
Air Fryer Nacho Tips & Tricks
- Choose restaurant-quality chips. These tend to be thicker and will hold up better under the weight of the toppings.
- Wear gloves when handling peppers. The oils found in jalapenos and other chiles can cause irritation, and it’s easy to miss spots with water and soap.
Food prep gloves will keep your hands protected – just be sure to remove them before handling the other ingredients.
- Don’t forget to overlap! Close any gaps between the chips before adding the other ingredients. Otherwise, the cheese will drip through to the bottom of the tray.
- Prevent sticking. Before you air fry nachos, add a thin layer of oil to keep any stray cheese from sticking to the bottom.
Use a spray bottle of cooking oil instead of traditional nonstick spray. The propellants in aerosolized cans will cause the basket to deteriorate over time.
Nachos Air Fryer Topping Ideas
A generous dollop of sour cream and guacamole is more than enough for these nachos in the air fryer.
Kitchen Tools You’ll Need for Nachos in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer – Different brands and sizes may require different cooking times, so be familiar with your model and make adjustments as needed.
- Heat-safe spatula (or two) for getting your black bean nachos out of the basket.
- Quality Knives and a big solid Cutting Board make prepping a breeze and are well worth the investment.
Nachos Air Fryer FAQ
Absolutely! This is one of the few instances where I actually recommend using them.
Mexican or fiesta blends are a great choice for these air fryer nachos, but regular cheddar or Monterey Jack is delicious too.
Use two spatulas to lift them out since the cheese holds everything together. You could also lift one side while tilting the basket to slide them onto a plate.
Unless you have an extra-large appliance, I wouldn’t recommend it. The bottom chips will start to get overcooked before the cheese is able to melt.
This meal cooks so quickly that you can simply make multiple batches one after another until everyone is fed!
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Nachos
- 4 cups tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons guacamole
- Place the tortilla chips in the basket of your air fryer.
- Place the beans over the top of the chips.
- Sprinkle cheese over the chips.
- Evenly distribute the tomatoes and jalapeños next.
- Set the air fryer to 390°F for six minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole, and your favorite other toppings.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published November 2021, updated and republished February 2023
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.