2 Ingredient Pizza Dough is simple and delicious. Even better, it’s ready in just 10 minutes with no rise time. Make savory pizzas, breadsticks, and even desserts with this yogurt pizza dough recipe!
2 Ingredient Pizza Dough
When I shared a recipe on our Facebook page for a 2 ingredient pizza dough that I have seen all over the internet, our readers went nuts!
No one could believe that you can make pizza dough with 2 ingredients. So, we put it to the test — Greek yogurt and self-rising flour, that’s it. Seriously!
First, I tried out a simple pepperoni pizza, and it was a success. It had such a delicious, tender crust with a slightly crisp exterior.
The next day, we made more pizza, bread sticks, dessert pizzas, and more. Guess what? They were all phenomenal!
Find plenty of ideas below, plus some helpful tips when making yogurt pizza dough that I discovered while experimenting. Happy baking!
Tips for Making Greek Yogurt Pizza Crust
- Self-rising flour substitute: Make your own by combining 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, and 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- Mix by hand. You can still make this recipe, even without a stand mixer! Simply add both ingredients to a bowl and mix with a spoon until combined.
Then, flip out onto a well-floured countertop and knead for 5-8 minutes.
- Dough too sticky? Add more flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to fix this problem.
But, keep in mind that you’ll also be incorporating more flour when rolling out the 2 ingredient dough — so it’s fine for it to be a little bit sticky at first!
What to Make with Yogurt Pizza Dough
There are so many ways to use this two ingredient pizza dough! Regardless of what you’re making, the general steps will always be the same:
- Roll out the dough to your desired shape and thickness.
- Brush with oil/butter, season, and add toppings.
- Bake at 450°F for 10-12 minutes, until the Greek yogurt pizza crust is crisp.
Here are just a few of the things we’ve tried and loved. Let us know what you come up with in the comments!
I also like to brush olive oil on my baking sheet and sprinkle it with cornmeal to give this Greek yogurt pizza crust that classic pizzeria texture on the bottom.
However, this step is completely optional
- Pepperoni – Top dough with marinara, shredded mozzarella, and pepperoni. A little extra cheese over everything helps to hold the pepperoni in place!
- Garlic Cheese – Sprinkle dough with garlic powder, then top with marinara and mozzarella cheese.
- Lemon Basil – Top dough with marinara, lemon slices, and mozzarella cheese slices (not shreds).
Bread and Breadsticks
Just like with pizza, you’ll brush the two ingredient pizza dough with olive oil — use high quality if possible since the flavor will come through stronger without the marinara.
You can bake these with or without the cornmeal on the bottom.
- Garlic Breadsticks – Sprinkle dough with garlic powder. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and slice into bread sticks.
Bake, then slice along the same lines to separate.
- Cheesy Garlic Bread – Sprinkle with garlic powder and shredded Italian cheese blend. Slice before and after baking.
Instead of olive oil, brush your 2 ingredient pizza dough with butter when making dessert bread.
And apply a thin layer of cooking spray to your baking sheet to prevent sticking!
- Cinna-Sticks – Mix together 3 parts sugar to 1 part cinnamon, then sprinkle the mixture over the buttered dough. Slice before and after baking.
- Cherry Pie Pizza – Before brushing with butter, pinch the edges of the dough together to form a border. Then, spread cherry pie filling evenly in the center.
- Chocolate Dessert Pizza – Spread chocolate sauce over the prepared dough and top with marshmallows. Once baked, sprinkle with crushed cookies (I like Oreos!) or chopped-up candy bars.
Other spreads like chocolate hazelnut or chocolate peanut butter would be delicious too!
2 Ingredient Dough FAQ
Technically, yes, but not when making two ingredient pizza dough. Self-rising flour is essential for this recipe to work.
For a more classic version, which allows for all-purpose flour, try my Italian Pizza Dough Recipe!
The answer is: science! Baking powder is double-acting — it rises when combined with water, then again from the heat in the oven.
Yogurt is the magic ingredient in 2 ingredient dough because it activates the baking powder in self-rising flour. It also helps bind everything together and provides plenty of moisture.
No. The consistency is too thin and will result in an overly sticky dough.
That said, you can use plain coconut yogurt to make this 2 ingredient pizza dough recipe vegan and dairy-free.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Other Easy Recipes
2 Ingredient Pizza Dough + Video
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, I used Fage Non-Fat Plain
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour, 1 – 1 1/2 cups
- Combine yogurt and 1 cup flour in the bowl of an electric stand mixer. Mix until combined, scraping down the bowl as necessary until combined. Knead on medium high for 5 minutes. *see cook’s note for hand mixing method
- Slowly add additional flour as necessary to help dough come together. Depending on how thick your yogurt is, you may need up to an extra 1/2 cup of flour. (I used the entire 1 1/2 cups)
- Dust clean counter top with flour and remove dough from bowl. Knead a few turns until dough is tacky, but not sticky (it should not leave dough on your hand when you pull away).
- Roll out and top as desired. Bake in a preheated 450 degree oven for 10-12 minutes (adjust as needed).
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published February 2014, updated and republished June 2023
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.