Barbecue Bacon Smokehouse Burger is our #1 all time burger recipe. It is a sensationally smoky burger loaded with homemade barbecue sauce and beer cheese sauce you are going to flip your lid over this burger. Can you feel love for a burger? Well if you can this is the burger to love!
ARE YOU READY FOR THIS? Welcome to the smokehouse, Slow Roasters. Today, we will be checking your inhibitions at the door, this burger is packed full of bravado. This is THE burger to wake up your taste buds! From the smokehouse flavors to the bacon and bbq sauce, flowing all the way down the river of beer cheese. This burger will have your mouth watering at first sight and your taste buds dancing with pure delight!
How to Make Barbecue Bacon Smokehouse Burger
I was looking for the ultimate grilling creation to make for Chad (it is his birthday this week). I knew it had to be bold and passionate (like me). It had to be big, flavorful and loaded with cheese and bacon. I knew a burger would be perfect for this occasion. I have to search for the exact words to describe this burger… Maybe love. Can you feel love for a burger? Well if you can this is the burger.
Chad looked like a kid on Christmas morning when he saw this burger. Once he took his first bite, his eyes rolled back in his head and the air was filled with mmmmm’s. I love that sound! Needless to say this burger is a member of the clean plate club. Not even a drip of cheese was left on the plate. He licked it clean!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Did you take a REALLY GOOD LOOK at this tantalizing burger??? Go ahead, I’ll wait. 8 ounces of ground chuck perfectly spiced with chipotle chile pepper. It is served over a bed of sweet and spicy TSRI’s Signature Barbecue Sauce. A heaping scoop of luscious Beer Cheddar Cheese Sauce is poured over top, with 4 bacon strips all on a toasted ciabatta roll. This is the definition of burger heaven. Purely decadent and delicious. Chad has requested this for his birthday dinner too.
Helpful Tips to make Barbecue Bacon Cheddar Smokehouse Burger:
- 80/20 beef makes for the best burgers!
- Mix until just combined. Overmixing will create a tough burger and that isn’t good for anyone.
- Make a slight indentation in the center of the burger on one side to prevent it from doming up in the center. The indentation will rise as your burger cooks.
- Preheat your grill to medium or medium high.
- Resist the temptation to press down on the burger with a spatula. It doesn’t make them cook faster, it just presses out the juices and all the flavor, leaving you with a dry burger. Again, no one wants that!
What you will need to make Barbecue Bacon Cheddar Smokehouse Burger:
- Small mixing bowl – I like a variety of mixing bowls and prep bowls and this set has them all.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Check out more of our favorite burger recipes:
Barbecue Bacon Cheddar Smokehouse Burger
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon 4 peppercorn blend
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 4 ciabatta rolls, buttered
- 1 cup TSRI’s Signature Barbecue Sauce
- 1 cup Beer Cheddar Cheese Sauce
- 16 strips of bacon, cooked
- In a small bowl combine chipotle pepper, cumin, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Form beef into 4 8ounce patties, slightly larger than your bun. Make a slight indentation in the center of the burger to prevent it from doming up in the center. The indentation will rise as your burger cooks. Sprinkle burgers with seasoning mix. Gently press
- Grill until golden brown and slightly charred (about 3 minutes), turning once (cook for 3 minutes on the other side for medium). Try not to press down on your burger with a spatula. It will cause the juices to escape and will create a dry burger!
- Toast buns on low or indirect heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup barbecue sauce on toasted bun. Place burger on top. Pour beer cheddar sauce over top and 4 slices of bacon.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
Originally published 6/25/12