Chipotle Lime Marinade with sweet honey, tart lime, spicy chiles and garlicy flavors make a wonderful marinade.
Welcome to TSRI’s Summer Grilling Celebration! I really am so excited to share this chicken recipe with you. We have been having so much fun with our Summer Grilling Celebration. The chicken each week has been fantastic. Chad, Munchkin and I have loved each and every dish!
Finally my parents are here and are able to share in the grilling fun! This simple and delicious 20 Minute Marinade was perfect for a delicious meal after a long busy day.
My mom was excited to try this Chipotle Lime Marinated Chicken. I have to say I was very surprised that she was even interested in tasting it. I know that I have told you about the spice level in my house growing up. We never ate anything spicier than basil or oregano and black pepper was really only served on the side. My Mom dug in and loved this!
Chipotle Lime Marinade
It really just has a little kick, but isn’t too spicy. The flavors are well rounded and lovely together. The sweet honey, tart lime, spicy chiles and garlicy flavors make a wonderful marinade. Even her sensitive palate was thrilled with this chicken. Tender chicken that is full of delicious flavors! This made for a perfect dinner. We served this with grilled fries and grilled corn.
20 Minute Chipotle Lime Marinade for Grilled Chicken
- 5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce, from the canned chiles
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice, about 5 limes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a mini food processor combine chiles, adobo sauce, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, honey, salt, pepper. Process until you have a smooth mixture. Pour half of your marinade into a resealable bag and reserve the remaining (about 3/4 cup).
- Add chicken breasts to resealable bag and marinate for 10-15 minutes on the counter.
- Grill chicken on preheated grill, about 4-5 minutes on each side. Baste the cooked chicken with the reserved marinade and flip. Grill for about 2-3 minutes and serve with reserved marinade poured over top.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.