Happy Tuesday and welcome to Simply Delicious here at The Slow Roasted Italian. This week we are actually sharing Munchkin’s Elmo Themed 2nd Birthday Party with you, you can see all the yummy treats, activities and decorations by clicking here. I hope you will check back each day for more exciting party tidbits.
Today I am sharing the Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Pops with you. The idea behind the dessert table was to have several delicious and easy to make treats, as we did the party ourselves including the cake, time was sensitive and these impressive and simple desserts were just the perfect match.
These Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Pops really reminded me of Pinwheels that my dad used to buy when I was a kid (minus the cookie bottom). The chocolate seals in the marshmallow so they can be done ahead of time and they will keep perfectly, as a matter of fact we have half a dozen of these left still and the party was 3 weeks ago. Chad and Munchkin ate some today and I was told they taste as good as the first day. We kept them in an air tight container lined with parchment paper.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Pops
- 1/2 brick of Almond Bark White Chocolate, or Wilton Candy Melts
- 1/2 brick of Almond Bark Chocolate
- 36 strawberry marshmallows, 1 bag
- 36 marshmallows, 1 bag
- sanding sugars or other decorations, to match your party theme
- On 2 cookie sheets lined with parchment, empty half a bag of each marshmallow variety and stand on end. (If you have any that won’t stand up, you can eat those or save them for Rice Krispies Treats). Set aside.
- Place sanding sugars in small bowls, set aside.
- In a large tall and thin bowls (2 cup measuring cup is perfect) melt chocolate almond bark, 30 seconds at a time in the microwave until fluid, stirring after each 30 seconds. Dip a 6″ lollipop stick about 1/2″ into melted chocolate. Push the chocolate covered end of the stick through marshmallow on tray. Repeat this until all the marshmallows on one tray have chocolate covered sticks in them.
- Repeat with the white chocolate, until both trays have lollipop sticks in them. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes to dry.
- Warm melted chocolate if necessary, by placing it in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until it is the perfect dipping consistency. Dip marshmallow in chocolate. Spin back and forth until the chocolate stop streaming off the bottom. Hold over bowl with sanding sugar and sprinkle decoration on chocolate covered marshmallows. Repeat until cookie sheet is complete. Repeat process with white chocolate. Allow to sit several hours to dry completely.
- Arrange varieties on serving trays and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.