Slow Cooker Sausage Vegetable Soup is fully loaded with your favorite veggies and sausage in a completely satisfying tomato base soup like grandma used to make. This one is going to rock your world!
Whew! The holidays are in full swing now, and I feel like I haven’t stopped running at full speed since well before Thanksgiving. Everyone (including myself) is in full holiday treat mode, and everything I am surrounded by seems to be geared towards one- holiday sweets, and two- holiday dinner. I can’t scroll for 4 seconds on Facebook and Pinterest without being hit by a Christmas cookie, a baked ham, and a photo of Elf on the Shelf.
I’m Jacqueline, and I blog over at Go Go Go Gourmet– my mantra is all about “less effort, more taste,” and I have definitely achieved that with this incredibly simple, but absolutely delicious pasta dish that is a guaranteed family dinnertime hit. I’m so happy to be bringing my recipe philosophy over to my friends Donna and Chad here at TSRI!
These are all great (especially because you can’t have too many cookie recipes, right?!), but I need some new ideas for dinners that are fast (because I don’t have time to spend) and inexpensive (because I no longer have money to spend either!). This soup fits the bill to a T- easy, warm, and hearty. If you have a multi cooker (like an Instant Pot, or some slow cookers have this functionality as well), you end up with one dish to clean, and the whole dish requires about 10 minutes of actual work. Packed with the best flavors for winter, like sausage, basil, and oregano, your family will adore it!
HELPFUL TIPS TO MAKE SLOW COOKER SAUSAGE VEGETABLE SOUP:
- This is the perfect soup to use up all of your left over vegetables. Broccoli, asparagus, peas, corn, kale… It all is amazing in here. I do prefer to add spinach at the end so it is just wilted when served, but if you love cooked spinach you will love it in here too.
- Soup freezes great, potatoes will break up when they are thawed. But it does not affect the soup overall! Allow to cool to room temperature before placing in the freezer.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE SLOW COOKER SAUSAGE VEGETABLE SOUP:
- Slow Cooker – I have a multi cooker that allows me to brown/saute right in the insert, saving me an extra dish to clean.
- Garlic Press–One of my moist used kitchen tools! I received mine as a gift years ago and I can’t imagine why I never had one. It minces garlic with one squeeze, with the peel still on!
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
More Delicious Soup Recipes
Slow Cooker Sausage Vegetable Soup
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage, mild or hot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups beef stock
- 3 stalks celery, sliced into 1/4”
- 3 carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 4 small red potatoes, diced into 1/2” cubes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet set over medium heat, add the sausage. Use a wooden spoon to break it up into small chunks. When the sausage is almost done, add the garlic. Saute about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Pour the crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, stock, celery, carrots, onions, and seasoning to the insert of a slow cooker. Add in the sausage and garlic mixture; stir to combine.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 hours, or low for 6 hours.
- Stir in the cubed potatoes, frozen peas and frozen corn; season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook on HIGH for 1 additional hour, or low for 2 additional hours.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.