Can you really ever have enough soup? I think not. I am not big on whimpy soups. I like hearty flavorful, ‘beefy’ soups. The kind of soups that stick to your ribs that you can walk away from the table without needing to eat a whole loaf of bread too and really feel satisfied.
Italian Sausage and Pepper Soup
Lately, I have been craving stuffed peppers and also sausage and peppers. This fabulous recipe brings you the best of both worlds. Hot, sweet, pork, chicken or turkey this soup is for you!
We also have an incredible Baked Sausage, Peppers and Onions with Orzo that you will love!
Other Easy Soup Recipes
Italian Sausage and Pepper Soup in Just 30 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 small yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 bell peppers, (red, orange, yellow and green)
- 29 ounces diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano, 2 14.5-ounce cans
- 8 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, rough chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, rough chopped
- Warm an 8 quart stock pot over medium-high heat, drizzle olive oil into warmed pan and add sausage; brown sausage for about 2 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile; dice onion and add to pan. Stir to combine. Mince or press garlic and add to pan. Continue stirring occasionally.
- Chop peppers and add to the pan. Cook until peppers are crisp tender about 6-8 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and stir bottom of pan to remove any bits that are stuck. Add broth and tomato paste. Bring to a boil. Add pepper, basil and parsley. Allow to boil for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.