Air fryer mozzarella sticks are a great appetizer for hangouts, parties, and game day. Enjoy them as-is or add a bowl of your favorite dip!
Everyone will love these air fryer cheese sticks, and they are so easy to make! In just 5 minutes you’ll have a quick, delicious snack or you can cook multiple batches to feed a crowd.
These are cooked just right to achieve a nice crisp outer shell with gooey cheese on the inside and nothing leaking out.
If you have more time try our homemade mozzarella sticks, they are easy and delicious!
Instructions For Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
Just preheat and cook – that’s all there is to it!
It’s a good idea to flip them halfway through so they are crispy on all sides. Also, let them cool for a few minutes before serving so you don’t burn your mouth.
I used Farm Rich frozen mozzarella sticks, so you may need to adjust the overall time for different brands to avoid cheesy explosions.
Keep in mind that the goal here was quick and easy. This recipe will not translate well if you are making yours from scratch.
Helpful Tips and Tricks
- Cook straight from the freezer. If you let them sit on the counter while preheating, the listed times will not be correct and the cheese may ooze out.
- Avoid overcrowding the basket. More food at once will take longer to heat, plus there will be soggy spots wherever the frozen mozzarella sticks are touching.
- Watch them towards the end. During the last minute or so, check for any cracking or cheese spilling out and pull them early if that’s the case.
- Still undercooked? Pop them back in for 1-minute increments until done.
- Tip for making adjustments: If your air fryer mozzarella sticks are consistently oozing cheese, decrease the temperature by 10 degrees and try again.
FAQ – Common Recipe Questions
How long do air fryer cheese sticks last in the fridge?
Leftovers should be good for about a week when stored in a sealed container. Check your product packaging for storage instructions, as each brand may be slightly different.
What can you dip these in besides marinara?
There are plenty of options and your imagination (and taste buds!) are the only real limit. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Honey mustard
- Sweet chili sauce
- Fresh Basil Pesto
- French onion dip
- Tomato soup
- Strawberry Habanero Spread
- Plum sauce
How do I reheat frozen mozzarella sticks in the air fryer?
Start with 2-3 minutes at 325°F and then add more time if needed.
I wouldn’t recommend using the microwave since they tend to come out soggy. Plus, you may find that some spots are too hot to eat while the center is still cold.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks (From Frozen)
- 8-10 mozzarella sticks, frozen
- Marinara sauce and chopped parsley
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes.
- Place 8-10 frozen mozzarella sticks in a single layer in the bottom of your air fryer basket. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stopping to flip halfway through, or until golden brown.
- Remove promptly from the air fryer basket and allow to cool for 1 to 2 minutes. Serve with marinara sauce and top with chopped parsley, if desired.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Originally published April 2021
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.