Cole slaw is a staple at nearly every summer barbecue in America. Having the right cole slaw is the trick. We tend to serve a lot of rich food at our barbecues. So, I love this light and simple recipe that has just the right amount of sweet and tang to accompany our dishes.
We had a fabulous barbecue this weekend with our closest friends. Everyone brought something and we had quite a feast we enjoyed The Best Ever Crockpot Pulled Pork, Grilled Sausages, Seasoned Grilled Fries, Grilled Sweet Potato Fries, Grilled Spicy Sweet Corn, a fantastic veggie tray and an unbelievable Peach and Strawberry Salad with Honey Maple Poppyseed Vinaigrette from my dear friend Mary at Barefeet in the Kitchen. What a round up! Amazing friends, family, food and good conversation. The perfect party.
Enjoy and happy Labor Day!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Simple Cole Slaw
- 1/2 large head cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/2 white onion, grated
- 1 cup homemade Dijon mayonnaise, or 1 cup mayonnaise and 1/2 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- In a large bowl combine cabbage, carrots and onion, set aside.
- Whisk mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, celery seed, salt, pepper and vinegar together until well combined. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture. Allow to sit for 30 minutes so the flavors can meld. Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.