Lil Texas Barbeque Sliders
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Lil Texas Barbeque Sliders pack a BIG punch with layers of flavor on a toasted bun, with a fabulous barbecue sauce and Monterey Jack Cheese.
Welcome to TSRI’s Summer Grilling Celebration! We are serving up barbeque burgers today with a southwestern flair at the Slow Roasters Grill! It is Memorial Day, we are so grateful for this day of remembrance, for those
we have lost while serving our country. To all our soldiers and military families
we thank you for your service and sacrifice. Thank you for keeping us
safe and defending our constitution and our country!! Our thoughts and prayers are with you. We would like to share a place at our table with you today.
Here is a little taste of home for those currently in service. We are enjoying some fabulous Lil Texas Barbeque Sliders. The idea for this burger started as I was flipping through an old Food Network Magazine featuring some of Bobby Flay’s creations. I came across his Dallas Burger, a spice rubbed patty covered in bbq sauce and served with cole slaw on top.
I developed a spice rub for these sliders and found a new spice; dried Chile de Arbol which is a nice change from using cayenne for heat. It is a very hot pepper with great flavor. This Lil Texas Barbeque Slider packs a BIG punch: layer upon layer of flavor on a toasted bun, with a fabulous barbecue sauce and Monterey Jack Cheese, topped with a dill pickle. Chad loved this so much he can’t wait to have them again! This burger is absolutely delicious! We served this with a side of cole slaw and spicy grilled corn (both recipes will be shared soon!). It was a hit!
How To Make Lil Texas Barbecue Sliders
Place patties on grill and grill patties until slightly charred. Flip burgers and brush barbeque sauce on the cooked tops, turning once. When the burgers are cooked through remove from grill and place on a try sauced side down. Baste the tops with sauce and add 2 cheese slices.
While burgers are cooking, brush butter on sliced rolls, place on grill until golden brown and toasted. Remove from heat and spoon barbeque sauce onto the bottom bun. Place burger on top and top with more bbq sauce and a dill pickle.
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Lil Texas Barbeque Sliders
- 2 pounds 85% lean beef
- 2 tablespoons Lil Texas Spice Rub, recipe to follow (or substitute your favorite Tex-mex seasoning)
- 6 slices Monterey Jack Cheese, cut into 4ths (24 little slices)
- 12 dill pickle chips
- 1 cup barbeque sauce, I will share my favorite recipe soon
- 12 slider rolls, I use frozen dinner rolls brushed with egg wash and sprinkled with sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons New Mexico chili powder
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chile de arbol, or cayenne pepper
- Form 12 burgers (about 3 ounces) patties, about 1/2 inch thick. Make an indent in the center with your thumb so the burger won't bulge. Preheat your grill to high. Lay patties out on a plate and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of Lil Texas spice rub. Gently pat into the meat on all sides. Allow to set for 10 minutes before grilling.
- Place patties on grill and grill patties until slightly charred. Flip burgers and brush barbeque sauce on the cooked tops, turning once. When the burgers are cooked through remove from grill and place on a try sauced side down. Baste the tops with sauce and add 2 cheese slices.
- While burgers are cooking, brush butter on sliced rolls, place on grill until golden brown and toasted. Remove from heat and spoon barbeque sauce onto the bottom bun. Place burger on top and top with more bbq sauce and a dill pickle.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.
lovley flavours looks wonderful
Nice! Have you seen Bobby Flay's cedar planked burgers? Possibly next time?
There's always so much food at bbq's that I feel like sliders are the perfect burger fare. Especially tasty bites like these!
I like the sound of this spice rub! Thanks for the great recipe 🙂
These are awesome, the spice rub is heavenly, even though I didn't end up having 4 different types of chili powder…. For some reason I've always just added the spices before making the patties; the spice rub is miles better!
These sliders are awesome! They have such a great flavor and are the perfect size! I will be making these again very soon for my friends!