Let me start out by saying; I am not a vegetarian. I just choose to eat as healthy as I can. Some days that means enjoying a meat free meal. These burgers are so delicious, I actually crave them. Loaded with 3 kinds of beans, sautéed vegetables and my favorite southwestern flavors, this burger will blow your mind.
Power House Veggie Burgers
I love to make a batch of these and freeze them, I take them out one at a time and enjoy them on a bun, or with a couple of sides in place of meat. My munchkin ate one today (no bun) with mashed potatoes and corn. I really enjoy feeding her a healthier burger. We love this spicy fajita roasted chickpeas recipe as well.
Real quick funny story: We went to dinner last week with some friends and I ordered a hamburger for my munchkin. When I handed it to her, she got excited and said “Is this a bean burger, mommy?”. Disappointment set in when I told her no, but she did eat a few bites of her burger. It made me so happy that even my picky ‘almost 3’ year old would prefer this veggie burger over a beef burger.
Even meat lovers will devour this one.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Other Easy Vegetarian Recipes
Power House Veggie Burgers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced (seeds and veins removed)
- 5 garlic cloves, minced (or pressed)
- 1/4 cup black olives, diced
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons New Mexico chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red chili flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 egg whites
- Non-propellant olive oil spray
- In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, onion, and peppers. Cook until translucent. Add garlic and black olives. Stir to combine. Cook 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add beans to mixing bowl and smash with potato masher or your fingers. Add oats, spices, bread crumbs, egg whites and veggies. Thoroughly mix all ingredients and form into 12 patties, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare baking sheet with olive oil spray.
- Cook burgers on a baking sheet for 30 minutes, flipping after 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.