Spicy Fajita Roasted Chickpeas are crunchy like a corn nut, with the perfect flavor and a little kick to wake your taste buds up!
Happy Friday Slow Roasters! A few days ago I shared a blog with you and an amazing recipe for The Best Ever! Tex-Mex Chicken Fajitas when I was perusing the blog for fantastic recipes this one stuck out too. A healthy snack, crunchy like a corn nut, with the perfect flavor and a nice dose of protein and a little kick to wake your taste buds up! You are going to love ’em!
Recipe adapted from Herbie Likes Spaghetti
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Spicy Fajita Roasted Chickpeas
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon New Mexico chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pour your chickpeas in a strainer and run under cool water to rinse well. Remove the skins from the chickpeas. The skin is an almost clear 'membrane' on the outside of the bean. Place a chickpea between your thumb and forefinger and gently pinch the bottom. The skin should slip right off.
- After all skins are removed, rinse your chickpeas, let then rest on paper towel, dabbing off excess water, and let air dry for about 15 minutes. While resting, preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Add spices to a small bowl. Mix.
- Place the chickpeas in a mixing bowl, drizzle on the olive oil, and throw in the spices. Mix together until the spices are evenly distributed.
- Lay the chickpeas down into a baking dish in one layer. Place the baking dish in the oven. Roast the chickpeas for 20 minutes. Then, using a spoon, turn the chickpeas over. Cook for another 20 or so minutes, until the chickpeas are very dry but not burnt.
- Remove the chickpeas from the baking dish after they’ve completed cooking, serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.