A few weeks ago I made Chad the most carnivorous chili I could have dreamt (seriously that is a word in Florida. Spell check really needs a regional button.) dreamed up. He actually reviewed it as “stupid good”. Like as is so good, he couldn’t come up with the words (that must be an Iowa thing). I guess that was quite the compliment! So, that being said… With so much going on in our lives that revolves around the health of our loved ones, I have really been focused on eating healthy.
So, I decided to create a vegetarian version of this hearty chili that Chad is head over heels in love with (you will see his tomorrow). This is stick to your ribs good. The Best Ever Power Packed Vegetarian Chili has 3 cans of beans! It is so hearty you won’t need a side of anything to go with this chili and its ready in 30 Minutes. SCORE!
Power Packed Vegetarian Chili
Rustic chopped veggies makes this feel even more hearty as you chop down on the thick and rich meatless chili. Not to mention a jalapeno pepper perfect for spicing things up a bit. Comfort food that is truly healthy is perfect for us. Munchkin and I love love love this and I am sure you will too!
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Other Amazing Chili Recipes
The Best Ever Power Packed Vegetarian Chili
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, pressed or grated
- 2 jalapeno pepper, (veins and seeds removed), minced
- 12 ounce bottle pale ale beer
- 3 bell peppers, red, yellow and green
- 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 43.5 ounces diced tomatoes, 3 – 14.5 ounce cans, no salt added
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large 12 quart stock pot over medium heat, warm oil. Add onions. Cook until translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and jalapeno, cook for 30 seconds. Add bell peppers and toss to coat. Sauté peppers for 5 minutes. Deglaze pan with beer (pour into pan and scrape bottom of pan to released bits from bottom). Add beans, tomatoes and spices.
- Stir to combine well. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.