Our pineapple salsa has a secret ingredient for the perfect blend of sweet and heat. Make this dip recipe in 15 minutes for your next party!
With one special addition to really take this simple recipe up a notch, your guests will be guessing what the secret ingredient is all night long.
This is truly an addictive dip! I promise, you will be making this recipe again and again.
Pineapple Salsa Party Dip
When I made this dip the first time, it was for Chad’s birthday party.
The salsa bar was my favorite. I wish I had pictures.
Also, we set out different chips to go with all of the dips.
The Pineapple Salsa stole the show. We started off with the salsa bar as our appetizers, if you will.
By the time dinner began, several guests were still eating pineapple salsa with dinner.
Then the cake came out and many of our guests headed back for the spicy dip again. Let’s just say the salsa was devoured!
The salsa features fresh pineapple and jalapeno peppers (although you could use serrano too) for the perfect combination of sweet and heat.
Cilantro adds a coolness to the dip, red onion gives it a hint of pungent spiciness and the addition of ginger (our secret ingredient!) warms it up.
It is truly a party for your senses and you will be eating this all year long!
- Use fresh pineapple. Frozen and canned won’t give you the texture you are looking for.
- Chill the ingredients. For the best flavor, be sure to allow time for the dip to chill in the refrigerator.
- Use peppers to suit your palate. Less peppers for less heat. The recipe is mild heat as written.
- Use kitchen gloves. To prevent burning your eyes, I recommend wearing gloves when working with spicy peppers.
With love from our simple kitchen to yours.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
Check out more of our favorite salsa and party dip recipes:
Pineapple Salsa Party Dip
- 1 whole medium pineapple diced, about 4 cups
- 1/4 medium red onion, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and deveined, diced (to taste)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger paste, I used Gourmet Garden
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl. Mix to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting us, it helps us keep creating new recipes.