Green Chile Cheese Sausage Poppers feature green chiles, spices and hot Italian sausage. This is an irresistible and easy game day recipe, that will feed your hungry crowd!
Picking party food is tough for any occassion, but when you gather your closest friends and family you really want them to enjoy themselves. My ‘crew’ is pretty laid back. It’s all about the company with us. But, lets say we are never hurting in the food department.
Finger food is the perfect dinner for our parties. For our Christmas party I decided meatballs would be a great make ahead dish that could warm in the crock pot with little effort. Boy, was I right.
Green Chile Cheese Sausage Poppers
Being the over achiever that I am… I made 2 batches of these Green Chile and Cheese Sausage Poppers. Seriously. 200 meatballs. I froze half and defrosted them as needed. They are perfect even on their own, no dipping sauce needed.
You are going to love these. The green chiles, spices and hot Italian sausage give these fantastic flavor that will keep them coming back for more.
Get Free Recipes Sent to Your Email
How to Make Crockpot Sausage Meatballs
This recipe is SUPER simple!
Empty 2 bottles of your favorite honey BBQ sauce with 5 diced chipotles peppers into a 5 quart crock pot.
Then make the sausage meatballs and let them simmer in the sauce. That’s it!
They are fantabulous game day snack-attizers!!
If you have an extra slow cooker, I suggest making Hawaiian meatballs In another pot. They’re a big crowd pleaser, too!
With love, from our simple kitchen to yours.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow us on
Other Great Game Day Food
Looking for the perfect appetizer or game day food? These Balsamic Meatloaf Meatballs surely fit the bill! Moist and flavorful you can’t eat just one.
Top 10 Game Day Appetizers – There’s a little bit of everything you love to munch on during your favorite sporting event in this roundup!!
Green Chile Cheese Sausage Poppers
- 3 cups biscuit mix, I used Bisquick
- 1 pound uncooked Hot Italian Sausage, I used turkey
- 4 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded, 16 ounces
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can fire roasted diced green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- Allow sausage and cheese to sit out at room temperature for about 30 minutes before preparing.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine sausage and biscuit mix, using hands. Mix with paddle attachment. Once ingredients are combined, add cheeses, chiles, milk and spices. Mix well with hands until completely combined.
- Using a 1 tablespoon scoop or a heaping teaspoon, portion mixture and shape into balls, about 1” in size. Place them on parchment paper.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan. Serve warm with sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe’s nutritional value will vary depending on the ingredients used, measuring methods, and portion sizes.
Recipe inspired by several sources Betty Crocker and Paula Deen and AllRecipes
Originally published December 2012.
Disclosure: Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link your price will remain the same and The Slow Roasted Italian will automatically receive a small commission. Thank you for your support; it allows us to keep creating new recipes.